Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Informal Drop In OT Thread

Hey everybody, I'm back and I think we should have one of these, just like the guitar forum. It's for basically anything that doesn't merit its own topic and general conversation.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every package I get comes on friday. I work from 7am-1030pm on friday. I won an auction on wednesday, ordered a midi controller on monday, the adapter on tuesday from the same place, a 1spot last thursday. Everything is coming Friday. And it will be brought back saturday before 3pm. I work from 5:30am-3pm saturday. I have Monday off.... but my Fedex guy doesnt deliver on monday. On tuesday I have school from 10am-8:30pm and cant get home between classes. After 3 attempts they send it back to the sender. With each of these people I said "I dont want it to come on Friday".

ERRR>

I am having the busness next door sign for it... if Fedex will do that. Next time I will jsut have to send it to my work.

------------------

I wanted to post a link on another thread but thought that thisis to family of a forum for a weightlifter colon blowout.

Jonathan

OK so today while vacuuming the walls in the downstairs bathroom (it's a log home and I had just finished doing some other arcane chore you only need to do if you have a log home, which then requirede cleanup) the wand of the vacuum cleaner separated from the vacuum hose and fell into the toilet. But the vacuum is a Kirby; not some wet/dry vac. Not good. I turned off the vacuum and quickly disconnected the hose and a whole bunch of yicky water spilled out of the vacuum hose and out of the vacuum housing onto the almost white carpeting in the hallway. Well, not white anymore. Had to spend the rest of the morning with the rug shampooer cleaning up that mess. The adventure made me miss my morning 10k run.

Long story short: For all you young'uns who are considering buying a house, don't do it. Put the money into a nice mutual fund instead.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Hi everybody! This works well on the GF just to build a sense of community and let you know which of the regulars are around - now we don't have the option of seeing that. We've also been able to help each other out with stuff and have some stimulating side-discussions.

Paul, man, that sounds a messy experience.

But the vacuum is a Kirby; not some wet/dry vac.

You have a KIRBY? :o Wow... That's the one that's like, built into the house, right? THAT must have set you back a bit. What made you do it? You must be really dissatisfied with normal vacs? Sorry about the stupid question... I once knew a girl that sold Kirbys, but never met anyone who actually bought one.

Blimey - does this mean I'll have to write up two weather reports every day?

:)

G.

Maybe we could be having two parallel discussions on the same topic on different forums (even with many of the same people).

:freak::crazy: :grin:

You could also take a different side of the argument on each.. Just for kicks :)

I don't have a short attentio..... oh look a penny!

Hey where is Thanny at? I just realize he's bee MIA unless I am again not paying atten.... why do I have two pair of Brown/Blue socks?

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Gigging tonight at Tierney's Tavern - we've been playing there every single month for 21 years. Long as I remember to put my Store Teeth in, yep yep yep...

I may sneak out at lunchtime and buy one of these ! I tried one out last week and it's a pretty nice little acoustic. Robin tells me I'm not allowed to bring any more instruments into the house (she has a point...I'm bad like that - we counted up the instruments a week or so ago, and it was embarassing :thu: ) but maybe I'll just keep it here at work for picking and grinning during quiet times. Hmmmm...

...now what to do about the other three models coming out later this year? Suggestions?

Play. Just play.

I get to leave work an hour and a half early today! Nice boss who lets me leave early for gigs (assuming I stop posting and get the work done... ooops!) But I need more Saturday gigs and less Friday gigs, just because of rush hour traffic. D'oh!

The opening act doesn't have a bass player (drums, gtr & voc, keys); maybe I'll crash their set for a tune or two!

www.ighcoffee.com

www.Awestruck-band.com

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

King: Sure, good idea, something to do over lunch hour.

Big Red: Pictures?

JonathanD: After the first delivery attempt, why not have FedEx hold each item at the terminal until you can pick them all up? This works if they all go through the same location, I have been to three FedEx locations based on their various levels of service. good luck with the business next door plan, that may work well enough, too.

Paul K: Chinking? Is that what they call it?

Bottom: Sorry 'bout that, mate!

Phil W: Community? We don't need no stinkin' community!

Trucks: Back at ya!

McGeoff: Yes, but isn't the weather forecast for UK "light rain this morning, light rain in the afternoon with a chance for partly cloudiness next spring" ???

Kramer: Really? I know people who own a very old Kirby, I don't know anyone who owns a late model version either. My wife is the proud owner of a TriStar Compact... I happen to use it most frequently.

Brocko: Where is Thanny? Good question. Now about the other thing you mentioned...

kenfxj: Too late, you just did. And your point is?

Flemtone: Good luck on the gig. Nice teeth! Nice guitar choice, them girls are purty.

Tenstrum: White or wheat?

Danzilla: Your boss lets you out early to play? Sounds like you owe him/her a box of donuts. Good luck on the gig!

- Matt W.

sourdough bread FTW!

Just a random drive-by-post

shipping sucks, I have everything delivered to my work. guaranteed to get it and no worries about the delivery dude (or dudette) leaving it at the door for some lowlife to swipe.

been selling old game stuff on evilbay. some dude won a couple auctions for 2 rulebooks. he wants it by this weekend. hmm, I normally ship priority flat rate. pretty fast and reasonable price. this dude wants me to ship it media mail. maybe I should charge a asshole tax, this dude has been sending me emails with a lot of uncalled for language and namecalling. priority packages is free but not the others, so I charged him for that (to which he pissed and moaned). he finally paid me but too late, i'm already at work and the stuff is at home. So he wants it by this weekend? I'll ship it tomorrow using the method he wants. he'll be lucky to get it next month :)

think I need to see a head shrink. I'm doing mindless, repetitive, generally boring work at the moment, and actually liking it!

Oh, and the boss is out today. time to load up some MP3's and kick out the tunes!

McGeoff: Yes, but isn't the weather forecast for UK "light rain this morning, light rain in the afternoon with a chance for partly cloudiness next spring" ???

Yup :(

Gigspam - we're (Spellbinder) in the Three Nuns tonight (9:30 - 11:15pm)in Loughborough near Leicester/Nottingham/Derby if any of you Stateside guys fancy a trip!!! :)

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Tenstrum: White or wheat?

I like 'Natures Own 7 Grain Honey Bread toasted!

With homemade apple butter!!

Toast!

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Yup :(

Gigspam - we're (Spellbinder) in the Three Nuns tonight (9:30 - 11:15pm)in Loughborough near Leicester/Nottingham/Derby if any of you Stateside guys fancy a trip!!! :)

G.

I'll tell my mum she might pop in after her choir practice at the Methodist church.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Kramer: Really? I know people who own a very old Kirby, I don't know anyone who owns a late model version either. My wife is the proud owner of a TriStar Compact... I happen to use it most frequently.

Ohhhh... ok. I didn't know they made mobile models as well. The only Kirbys (Kirbies?) I'd heard of were these THINGS that you built into the actual house.

The machinery would apparently sit in the basement (or similar) and rather than drag the vac from room to room, you'd simply plug the hose into a wall (think "powerpoints that suck") and start cleaning.

With homemade apple butter!!

Toast!

How does that work? Does someone have to milk an apple tree and then churn the sap?

????????

You've never heard of Apple Butter?????

Blasphemy!!!!

Ok, I think the NZ in your profile is New Zealand so let me introduce you to a good ol' Southern USA tradition...

============

4 lbs of good cooking apples (we use Granny Smith or Gravenstein)

1 cup apple cider vinegar

2 cups water

Sugar (about 4 cups, see cooking instructions)

Salt

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 teaspoon allspice

Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon

A chinois sieve and pestle or a food mill

1 Cut the apples into quarters, without peeling or coring them, cut out damaged parts. Put them into large pot, add the vinegar and water, cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cook until apples are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.

2 Ladle apple mixture into a chinois sieve (or foodmill) and using a pestle force pulp from the chinois into a large bowl below. Measure resulting puree. Add 1/2 cup of sugar for each cup of apple pulp. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add a dash of salt, and the cinnamon, ground cloves, allspice, lemon rind and juice. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.

3 Cook uncovered in a large, wide, thick-bottomed pot on medium low heat, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Scrape the bottom of the pot while you stir to make sure a crust is not forming at the bottom. Cook until thick and smooth when a bit is spooned onto a cold plate and allowed to cool (1 to 2 hours). You can also cook the purée on low heat, stirring only occasionally, but this will take much longer as stirring encourages evaporation. (Note the wider the pan the better, as there is more surface for evaporation.)

4 Store in the refrigerator after the sauce cool downs or can the sauce to preserve.

============================

Why is Apple Butter called Apple Butter???? Because Apple Sauce was taken! :):P

Apple butter

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Apple butter is a highly concentrated form of applesauce, produced by long, slow cooking of apples with cider or water to a point where the sugar in the apples caramelizes. The concentration of sugar gives apple butter a much longer shelf life as a preserve than applesauce. It was a popular way of using apples in colonial America, and well into the 19th century. The term "butter" refers to the thick, soft consistency, and its use as a spread for breads. Typically seasoned with cinnamon, cloves, and other spices, apple butter may be used as a side dish, an ingredient in baked goods, or as a condiment. The Pennsylvania Dutch often include it as part of their traditional seven sweets and seven sours dinner table array.

In areas of the American South, the production of apple butter is a family event, due to the large amount of labor necessary to produce apple butter in large quantities. It is also used on a sandwich to add an interesting flavour, but is not as commonly used as in historical times. Traditionally it was and is prepared in large copper kettles outside. Large paddles are used to stir the apples and family members would take turns stirring. The men and boys would care for the fire while the women and girls would stir.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front