Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1689760 - 01/19/06 09:31 AM Kontakt 2 Simply Doesn't work
51561 Offline

It has come to my attention,after doing alot of research and reading alot of forums. Especially
NI's forum that Kontakt2 is so crash proned among other things, That the software just doesn't work.Even NI admits that they will be spending a major portion of this year trying to get it up and working like it should. The one thing that customers aren't getting though is a straight answer about when this will if ever be fixed. It would be nice if Keyboard Magazine would get involved to get some straight answers since they gave this product such a steller review.

#1689761 - 01/19/06 12:29 PM Re: Kontakt 2 Simply Doesn't work
Red Winger Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: SJ, Cal-ee-fon-ya
It has come to my attention, after doing alot (sic) of research and reading alot (sic) of forums, Especially (sic) NI's forum[,] that Kontakt2 is the RocKorzZ!!!!oneoneone1111 and works like a charm for me (and always has).

'Nuff said.

#1689762 - 01/21/06 01:16 PM Re: Kontakt 2 Simply Doesn't work
C J Hoffman Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
No crashes, red winger? Glad to hear that. I'm putting Kontact 2 into my live rig in the show. I'll run it on Receptor rather than the Mac. Anything at all I should look out for? Tips, Tricks?
Thanks

#1689763 - 01/23/06 05:00 PM Re: Kontakt 2 Simply Doesn't work
Red Winger Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: SJ, Cal-ee-fon-ya
I can't speak for how it works on Receptor, but it has been rock solid on my G5. The only time I've had it crash is when I screwed up a script I wrote. That's not to say it won't ever crash (I have yet to meet any hardware/software combo that won't eventually crash for some unexplained reason), but it hasn't happened to me.

All I do is pretty much just common sense stuff: keep all samples and patches well-organized (all in the same location/folders), defrag and maintain the drives (may not apply to Receptor), use a separate disk for recording if you're going direct from disk, etc. Nothing special.

Good luck!

Moderator:  Stephen Fortner