Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1688369 - 09/20/05 04:53 PM Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians
Jeff Klopmeyer Moderator Offline
10k Club

Loc: Redondo Beach,CA,UNITED STATES
This is where you should post if you're:

1. A band who is looking to fill a position in your band. Please specify the following:

- Who you're looking for (guitarist, drummer, gothic kazooist, etc.)
- Where your band is located (London, Miami, Cucamonga, etc.)
- What type of music you do (rock, pop, metal, polka, etc.)
- Contact information so the person you seek can get in touch

2. A musician looking for a band to play in. Please specify everything above, but in reverse, if that makes sense.

Enjoy, and good luck finding what you seek!

- Jeff

#1688370 - 09/22/05 05:01 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians
StillFightingIt Offline

Loc: Australia
BASS PLAYER;

Sydney, Australia Rock band are after a new bass player. Think along the lines of U2, Goo Goo Dolls, Maroon 5, Powerfinger. etc. Age range 20-30, we rehearse twice a week, and all intend on making this a career, we have management,gigs and recording in the works. We need a solid, friendly bass player with Pro gear, and own transport. To arrange a jam or ask any questions feel free to call me (Scott) on 0425262716 or e-mail me at stormy@itmn.org

#1688371 - 01/06/06 04:56 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians
10k Club

Bump to the top!

- Jeff

#1688372 - 01/07/06 08:47 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians
martianrebel Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
Thanks to Jeff for bumping this up.

We are martianrebel, an alt. rock/punk band in Toronto, Canada with a good background and we are in need of a SINGER!

Our singer has decided to concentrate on his 9 to 5 career and focus on his family 100%. We wish him lots of luck and will remain friends with the guy.

This opens up opportunities for us and for a new singer.

We play a variety of cover tunes to get bar gigs. We also play a bunch of original songs and are working on new originals.

One of our originals, "Don't Kill Me", was voted as the #2 song in Canada on a MuchMusic internet poll. The same song is regularly on the Broadjam.com top 10 charts (Mostly on the Punk chart), and got as high as being the #2 song in Canada and the #4 song in North America.

Some of our criteria: Individual must be mature, commited to 1 rehearsal a week and at least 1 gig/month (maybe more), and contribute to the band's success. We don't want anyone just "along for the ride".

You can check us out at our website http://www.martianrebel.com and can contact us through that site's contact, or PM me. We are looking to move very quickly on this.

Cheers!
Terry M

http://www.martianrebel.com

#1688373 - 01/11/06 07:12 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians
martianrebel Offline

bump

Auditions this Sunday (3 guys trying out so far).

#1688374 - 01/11/06 09:05 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
looking for oldies/classic rock band playing corporate gigs and casuals in the Kansas City area. Lead, rhythm or bass.

#1688375 - 01/17/06 04:48 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians
delirium Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Earth, NJ
pianist looking for jazz/rock band in middle New Jersey area.

#1688376 - 01/23/06 02:07 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians
10k Club

Bump to the top!

- Jeff

#1688377 - 01/24/06 04:05 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians
martianrebel Offline

.... So now we need a drummer.

Our drummer didn't show for rehearsal WITH OUR NEW SINGER last night.

I call him and he tells me that he hasn't been having fun playing music for a while now.

What we have here is a lack of communication.

It would have been nice to know that before we went through all of the headaches of auditionning singers.

What a bastard.

So, if you're a drummer in the West End of Toronto with your own gear and motivation to be in a fun band, PM me.

I'm only bitter on the inside.

#1742076 - 04/26/07 08:40 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: martianrebel]
SuperAce25 Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Band / Jam group wanted

- I am a keyboardist looking for some people to jam with this summer. I have my own gear (keys, amp, wheels) and some experience; I have my own band in Williamsburg, VA that performs music I write & sing.

- I will be in the Washington DC / Fairfax County area for the summer (I'm away from my main band, which is why I'm looking for people!)

- I have lots of experience with religious stuff, but prefer rock, pop, and electronica-based music.

- Please PM me if you're interested in jamming this summer.

#1752518 - 05/16/07 09:27 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: SuperAce25]
Rosa Floydian Offline

Loc: Lemont, Illinois
Hello all, to make a long story short and not to waste too many peoples time, my guitarist and I (bass) are looking for a drummer to gig with in the Chicago region. We are both in college (or grad school) based out of Lemont, IL (~40 minutes SW of Chicago). Want a good drummer for originals but covers as well (main point to get across - want to gig/play, have fun, and get paid - therefore the cover songs). Practices would be most likely either nights or weekends. If anyone is interested let me know by e-mailing me at: ancoco@lewisu.edu I hope to hear from you.

Sometimes you just need to let go and jam

Peace,
Corey

http://www.myspace.com/onemanpomegranate

#1770932 - 06/24/07 11:45 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Rosa Floydian]
RyanEnCor Offline

Hello everyone

The band I'm in called Hollow Bastion is looking for a keyboard player.

We are from Tampa Florida and it doens't seem like many people in these forums are from around there.

However,if you are a keyboardist who lives in the greater Tampa area and would like to play keyboards in an agressive band with many influences ranging from Gothenburg, to Screamo, to Black Dahlia Murder style death metal, some epic sounding metal, and even a bit of pop punk, please contact me.

We also all are pretty laid back and somewhat dorky too.

The only real requirements aside from the will to do it are:
-Saturdays free
-Good amplifier for your keyboard
-Pretty good knowledge of music (as we all are fairly experienced musicians)
-The will to do more than just plunk on single notes

*we are also very very interested in incorperation electronic parts into our songs so if you have interest in that too, even better!*

Thanks for reading!

My aim and yahoo is Banishedangelx

You can also contact me via myspace, http://www.myspace.com/ryanandcolor

#1771452 - 06/25/07 01:39 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: RyanEnCor]
JustinWithHearts Offline

HEY, I have been looking around for a while now, and i have tried lots of sites still havnt found what im looking for... and that is a Screamo/emo band.. i have had offors to sing in a few bands befor but they wernt what i was looking for.. they were all cover bands.that isnt bad doing covers but i want to be able to site and write with the band have originals.. so if your looking for a singer and your close to the toronoto area leave me a message on here or here is my msn adress call.it.karma.notlove@hotmail.com

i probably wont get anywhere but there is the info you needed from me.

sincerely Justin.

#1771454 - 06/25/07 01:43 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: JustinWithHearts]
JustinWithHearts Offline

P.S. would be even better if you were in the barrie ontario area.. \:P man i hate spelling..

#1801684 - 08/28/07 11:26 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: SuperAce25]
Abstract_Soul Offline

Loc: South Chicago area
We're ISO Guitar w/bg vocals 21-35!! We have songs on our page hear them here... http://www.MySpace.com/FiVe0SiX Check the blog for full details and If you're still interested after reading & listening then hit us up. FiVe0SiXBand@yahoo.com

Peace!
- Kevin, Ja, Cain
- FiVe 0 SiX

#1838504 - 11/09/07 02:26 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Abstract_Soul]
blueross Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I'm rebuilding my band, Deep Pocket, and converting from Blues to Classic Rock/Current Rock. Looking for a bass player and a keyboard player. Prefer players who also have some vocal ability even if it's simply backup.

We have been practicing in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area and have had gigs from Costa Mesa to Hermosa Beach. This is for fun and we want to play a few times per month. Currently, we have a drummer, a lead guitarist, and me on rhythm guitar.

Email deeppocketband@gmail.com if interested. http://www.deeppocketband.com to see the last incarnation.

Thanks.

#1840422 - 11/13/07 11:54 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
Tully Folton Offline

Loc: Aniwa, Wisconsin (15 miles eas...
My name is Tully Folton, I am a blues/jazz guitarist by trade, but I am hired to play alot of different styles. I am from central Wisconsin, and have been playing for 22 years. I am for hire on studio projects, and as a fill in guitarist when a member of the band cannot perform. I need little to no practice with your band as long as I am provided with a chords list for each song. My contact information is:

W19134 Lake st. Aniwa, Wi. 54408

Phone #:715-449-5417

Cell #:715-216-0000

http://tullyfolton.9f.com

#1855771 - 12/12/07 03:26 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Rosa Floydian]
Rosa Floydian Offline

Loc: Lemont, Illinois
Hi all I posted on craigslist also so I am hoping to fill this spot:

We are a drummer and bassist who are looking for someone who will meet our requirements for a lead guitarist. We want to create original music and play some covers, but our focus is on the creation of good quality of music. We plan on doing recordings, gigging and putting much time and effort into this band - you must be willing to make both the time and financial commitments. The style of music we want to play up-beat, high energy driven melodic and poppy kind of music. Our influences come from all over but you must be able to adapt and listen. This is a group effort and we are looking for someone who thinks very similar to the two of us. This isn't going to be a trio so your pipes don't have to be golden but if you have an angelic voice, that'd be a big plus. Some degree of formal training desired, but self-taught is fine so long as you can relate the ideas and feel of the music we want to create.

Looking for a guitarist who is:

DEPENDABLE
RELIABLE
Responsive
Has quality equipment
Will invest
Willingness To Practice
Loves music for the sake of it being music
A desire to have a fun and enjoyable time

Preferably between the ages of 20-24 but if interested outside of this range and you got the chops then feel free to contact us anyways.

If you think you fit the bill by all means send us a message and a link where maybe we can hear your material and hopefully we can set something up. We usually practice ~2x a week, the sooner the better as we are looking to get a solid lineup before the new year.

Be serious, we don't want to waste your time so please don't waste ours. You should know if your capable of making the commitments or not...

Here is a link to the kind of music that we play: http://www.purevolume.com/firstimpressionil

Located in SW Burbs (60439) contact me at litalion-stallion@hotmail.com

Edited by Rosa Floydian (12/12/07 03:27 PM)

Sometimes you just need to let go and jam

Peace,
Corey

http://www.myspace.com/onemanpomegranate

#1880271 - 01/27/08 02:57 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Rosa Floydian]
Prog Metal Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Waking The Fallen

Progressive metal band from Hamilton ON
looking for a keyboardist age 16-20

http://www.myspace.com/officalwakingthefallen

#1934267 - 04/29/08 12:49 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Prog Metal]
Moogfan Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
I am not sure this is the best place to post this, but we've been searching for a guitar player forever and are running out of options! We're in the Washington DC area (near Frederick Maryland). Here's the ad I've been running:

We're a group of 40-something musicians (bass, keys, vocals and drums) looking for a talented, experienced, motivated guitarist. If you're into bands like Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, Kansas and Asia then you might be the person we're looking for.

If everybody does their homework, we should be able to get together every 2-3 weeks for a few hours. We consider this a hobby for now, but anything's possible, including playing live and the development of original material. We have practice space (with PA) in the Frederick, Maryland area.

The songs we're playing already:

Genesis - Firth of Fifth
Genesis - In That Quiet Earth
Genesis - Afterglow
Genesis - Squonk
Asia - Time Again
Asia - Without You
Pink Floyd - Speak To Me/Breathe/On the Run/Time/Breathe Reprise
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Yes - Cinema

We’re looking for someone who is not only eager to play this style of music, but can play it fluently as well. If you’re a beginner or have never played in a band, please don’t waste our time. We have a list of songs we’re interested in learning, but nothing is set in stone and we're very open to your suggestions.

Some other "potential" songs:

Tony MacAlpine - Porcelain Doll
Genesis - Behind The Lines Medley
Genesis - Fly on a Windshield/Broadway Melody
Genesis - Watcher of the Skies
Asia - Wildest Dreams
Yes - Long Distance Runaround
Yes - Heart of the Sunrise
Yes - Parallels
Yes - It Can Happen
Yes - Changes
Yes - Tempus Fugit
Yes - Machine Messiah
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
Kansas - Miracles Out of Nowhere
Kansas - Song for America
Kansas - The Wall
Kansas - Point of Know Return
Rush - Beneath the Wheels
Gentle Giant - Words From The Wise (or medley)

Anyway, thanks for bothering to read this...if you're a guitarist in the area or know a guitarist in the area, please pass this along.

Bill

#1976775 - 08/03/08 04:33 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Moogfan]
orcslayer Offline

Attention drummers:

Down syndrome wants you! If interested please post on our myspace.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=370058355

#2003151 - 10/19/08 07:56 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
mhuxtable Offline

RALEIGH, NC

Songwriter/recorder/arranger looking to start band with like minded people. Big lush sounds ala Brian Wilson Petsounds/smile era. Vocal harmonies. Lots of instruments.

reverbnation.com/godsofharvest

email me @ howshallwedothis@yahoo.com

Matt

#2007371 - 10/30/08 06:28 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
Cyberdude Offline

Narcissitic slacker relying too heavily on synths, sequencers, samplers and visual FX to cover lack of any real musical ability in need of highly submissive bandmates in the San Diego/Tijuana area to work the Baja California psy-trance club scene.
http://www.cyberdudeproductions.com

#2042958 - 02/12/09 10:46 AM Leeds based band seek keyboard player [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
ZeitgeistZero Offline

Leeds based rock/industrial/electronic band seek new keyboard player.

We have toured throughout the UK and played Europe.

We have attracted a great deal of media attention, club and radio play. Our second album is due for imminent release (1st available on iTunes/Amazon etc), and we are working on our third CD.

If you would like to be part of our band, can sing backing vocals and attend rehearsals then get in touch via email.

contact@zeitgeistzero.com

Please also visit our website and have a listen:
http://www.myspace.com/zeitgeistzero
http://www.zeitgeistzero.com

All the best, Miss Dead

#2044060 - 02/16/09 10:23 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
Cynthia Head Offline

Hi,

We are putting together an ALL FEMALE indie/rock band, currently rehearsing in NW London and now need a bassist, drummer and keyboard player to complete the line-up.

Musicianship needs to be to a high standard as we want to gig as soon as possible and tracks are ready to record.

Ideally you should be between 18-28, be flexible with your availabilty especially at weekends, hard working, determined and have a great look.

We have great interest for the songs and some great gig opportunities. Further details upon application.

Please email reesinclair@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks.

#2051156 - 03/06/09 06:31 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
MajaVB Offline

Hi,

These forums came recommended and I'm enjoying them. Here's a new search for the thread.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Who: Progressive Rock drums and Symphonic vocals looking for versatile, experienced, enthusiastic musicians for original metal project. Actively searching for guitar, bass, and keys. The members so far are around 30, with families and day jobs.

Where: Raleigh-Durham, NC. Practice is once weekly. Shows will be taken whenever the opportunity arises. Please be able to commit to as much.

What: If you're into bands like Dream Theater, Shadow’s Fall, Nightwish, Symphony X, Soilwork, and Within Temptation, you might be who we're looking for. You should already have some background in musicianship, appreciate musical virtuosity, and see new situations as just another opportunity for creativity. We want to form a collaborative group that share a continual desire to improve, who love the creative aspects of working with others, and who share a passion for dynamic, complex, multi-layered, textural, non-standard, multi-element work. And metal!

Contact: If you feel you're a good fit for the energy and sense of adventure we're looking for, drop a line at ludwigthegoat(at)gmail(dot)com with a summary of yourself and a number where we can reach you.

Thanks

#2059807 - 03/31/09 08:54 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: MajaVB]
shadowcircus Offline

Loc: NYC
Established Progressive Rock band seeks keyboardist in New York/New Jersey area. We released our first CD in 2007, received great reviews, and have a respectable international following. We are looking to gig frequently and play festivals to support our new release coming out this summer.

We all work day jobs and have families, and have a very reasonable rehearsal schedule. We shoot for once per week, and can be flexible. We don't care about age, race, gender, orientation, etc. We're looking for someone with a passion for music, and open mind, and a sense of humor! This is a fun band to be in.

More details about the band and links to audio samples are available on our website at: http://www.shadowcircusmusic.com.

#2082959 - 06/07/09 08:23 AM SEEKING KEYBOARD PLAYER IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
Skydog2 Offline

I am a musician by avocation, starting jamming with some like-minded mates a few months ago, we are in our fifties, and our keyboard player bailed on us. Looking for a like-minded keyboard player, think Hammond B-3. We are inspired by the Allmans, Santana, Blind Faith, Robben Ford, Miles Davis etc. For fun not profit, but looking to play out eventually. We have rehearsal facilities including keyboards. Let me know if you have any interest, we have two guitars, bass and drums. Thanks. (PS I live in suburban Philadelphia) email: cozzaj@comcast.net

Edited by Skydog2 (06/07/09 08:25 AM)

#2135375 - 11/18/09 10:34 AM Re: SEEKING KEYBOARD PLAYER IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA [Re: Skydog2]
bayoubill Offline

Loc: Shreveport, La
Shreveport, La here. Guitarist, background vocalist looking for a band. I will relocate to anywhere there's a gig. I have no ties. I don't drink, smoke and am reliable. I do however drink much coffee. I have played professionally in every type of band you can imagine from hardcore Reggae to Big Band to solo classical to metal and even Dixieland. I write originals and prefer Rock. Last band was a classic rock power trio of guitar bass and drums. Went to UNT 95'-99'as jazz studies performance major(guitar) and was in USAF Band as guitarist. Check out soundclick for quick reference to playing styles.

Edited by bayoubill (11/18/09 10:42 AM)
Edit Reason: left stuff out

#2261782 - 01/13/11 10:30 AM Re: SEEKING KEYBOARD PLAYER IN THE PHILADELPHIA AREA [Re: bayoubill]
veldeman Offline

Singer lookin for a band. i sing rock n roll with a little blues, heavily inspired by robert plant. I also sing with an alternative positive vibe like phish or umphreys mcgee and im always down for IMPROMPTU. im in carmel, indiana but will go all over the midwest if the music is right. get at me on facebook. my name is Jon Velde

#2361003 - 11/26/11 11:16 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
Randy Ellefson Offline

Metal Singer Needed For Album, Remotely Recorded

Please have mp3s or a site so we can hear your voice.

Z-Order needs a metal singer with a strong voice and good range for our debut album, which is done except vocals. The singer recently quit. We need someone to redo those songs and the others. It’s 11 songs. The album is a definite release once done, independently if we don’t get picked up.

You can hear 4 songs with the previous singer here: http://www.reverbnation.com/zorder. This is metal that causes favorable comparisons to the 80s: Maiden, Metallica, Priest.

We're in Maryland USA. If you’re local you’ll bear no cost, recording in our studio, but otherwise you’ll have to record remotely.

Serious people only please.

Thanks!

Contact us at mail@randyellefson.com

#2392341 - 03/04/12 03:07 PM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
Haley37 Offline

Loc: Tampa Florida
Hi. We are starting a band and we need a drummer and bassist. We are located in Tampa, Florida. The music we will do is a bit of a mixture. It will be JROCK and KROCK aswell as English rock songs too. Some examples are Shiver by The GazettE, Poison Apple by Cherry Filter, Bring Me To Life by Evanescence, God Knows by Aya Hirano, Mischievious of Alice, ect.

If youre interested or would like more info or have questions please contact me. my email is chuchisimomoko@yahoo.com

#2614170 - 07/25/14 06:55 AM Re: Musicians Seeking Bands / Bands Seeking Musicians [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
Bith Offline

We're currently after a UK based, talented, ambitious, click savvy DRUMMER for our band Rind Skank (alt rock/electronic). (Aged early twenties to early thirties).

If interested please see our full ad on our site below. Follow "We're looking for musicians" link. Demo/vid required. Contact details there.

tricor1.wix.com/rindskank

#2688979 - 05/18/15 08:58 AM Denver, CO [Re: Jeff Klopmeyer]
Romanelli Offline

Loc: CO
I am a lead singer (no age, but I have been playing since the 70's) who can play acoustic rhythm guitar. Looking for the following for an alt-country band in the Denver area:

1 lead guitar player
1 rhythm guitar player (if either guitarist can pick up a mandolin or banjo, that's a bonus)
1 bass player
1 drummer
1 keyboard player (a guy can dream, can't he?)

Here is a starting list of songs. If you don't know them, you can youtube 'em. Add more of an edge to each one of them.

Furnace Fan – Robert Earl Keen
Danko/Manuel – Drive-By Truckers
Rural Route – Chris Knight
Return Of The Grievous Angel – Gram Parsons
New Madrid – Uncle Tupelo
Concrete And Barbed Wire – Lucinda Williams
Late John Garfield Blues – John Prine
The Apartment Song – Tom Petty
Give Back The Key To My Heart – Doug Sahm
Windfall – Son Volt
Steve McQueen – Drive-By Truckers
Shame On The Moon – Rodney Crowell
When I Paint My Masterpiece – Bob Dylan
Yes I Guess They Oughta Name A Drink After You – John Prine
Powderfinger – Neil Young
Guitar Town – Steve Earle
Sweet Virginia – The Rolling Stones
Have You Ever Seen The Rain – Creedence Clearwater Revival
Looking At The World Through A Windshield – Son Volt
Heart Of Stone – Dwight Yoakam

You can hear me at www.reverbnation.com/dinoromanelli (there's a sample video at the bottom of the page as well). If interested, contact me at:

dinoromanelli@att.net

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Jeff Klopmeyer