03/27/06 09:13 PM
Teesside, UK
B
basczax Offline OP
basczax  Offline OP
B

Teesside, UK
I have just assembled a home studio. Here's a brief rundown of the gear so far:
Roland VS2480DVD DAW, Roland Fantom X8 Workstation, Yamaha DT Explorer digital drums, Fender Telecaster, Ovation Acoustic, Yamaha bass, Boss DB-3 drum module, Audio Technica vocal mic, Roland monitors.

I like to record the basic tracks on the VS2480, but I would prefer to mix and master using the VS together with a PC.
What I would like to know is can I use the PC (utilising plug-ins etc) to add effects (send/receive), and master tracks (in Wavelab)?
Do I use usb to communicate between the VS and the PC?
Is having a mix of the VS and a PC unusual or commonplace? Or am I just wanting the best of both worlds?
Any tips would be appreciated.

Re: Need some advice about home studio #1684174
04/11/06 01:58 AM
04/11/06 01:58 AM
Prince George,CANADA
A
audiofreek Offline
Gold Member
audiofreek  Offline
Gold Member
A

Prince George,CANADA
It's pretty common to interface a 2480 with a PC.Roland has a software package for doing just that.You need the Roland software to take full advantage of these features,as the Roland audio encoding is proprietory.You can by the card,so you could i/o 8 channels of optical,so you could sync up to any PC ADAT optical/TOS link,and bounce audio 8 at a time.The Roland card is called is called R-dat in Roland speak.I would talk to your local Roland rep,or go online and see what Roland has to offer in the way of PC audio interfaces.They might have something for you.

Rick

Moderated by  BrianK, J.J. Blair