Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1683807 - 08/31/05 08:05 PM Hurricane Relief
J.J. Blair Moderator Offline

Loc: Hollywood, CA
For those interested in helping out, I thought I'd post this:

The McCormick Tribune Foundation Hurricane Katrina Relief Campaign has been established as an effort between McCormick Tribune Foundation and many of its Communities Program Partners to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina. The McCormick Tribune Foundation will match the first $1,000,000 contributed to the campaign at 50 cents on the dollar. All administrative costs will be paid by the foundation so that all funds can be distributed directly to disaster relief organizations that provide short and long-term aid to those affected by Hurricane Katrina.

http://www.mccormicktribune.org/mtf/hurricanerelief.htm

#1683808 - 08/31/05 10:15 PM Re: Hurricane Relief
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Hey, J.J...

Anyone else who's interested in diving in and actively participating in something, hop on down to David Holloway's Collaboration Corner. We're putting together a benefit tune (all us Bob Geldof wannabes \:D \:D \:D )... It'll probably be the first topic on the forum...

#1683809 - 09/01/05 10:56 AM Re: Hurricane Relief
Max Sidman Offline

Loc: The Bay Area
It should also be noted that Jim Soloway at Soloway Guitars has gotten together with Fargen Amplification and DiMarzio Strings to put together a raffle package for people who donate $25 to hurricane relief. Check it out here:

http://www.jimsoloway.com/Raffle2.htm

#1683810 - 09/01/05 11:24 PM Re: Hurricane Relief
nursers Offline
10k Club

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Tedster:
Hey, J.J...

Anyone else who's interested in diving in and actively participating in something, hop on down to David Holloway's Collaboration Corner. We're putting together a benefit tune (all us Bob Geldof wannabes \:D \:D \:D )... It'll probably be the first topic on the forum...

Exactly, come on down

Hopefully within a week or so we'll have a finished product.

#1683811 - 09/02/05 01:28 PM Re: Hurricane Relief
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I've got a rough demo of a song...I need to redo the vocals...but it should be online soon...

Moderator:  BrianK, J.J. Blair