Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

the Waldorf Q keyboard.........whaddya think of it?

kpl1228

Occasionally see these VA keyboards reasonably cheap in various colors and versions.....how gig-worthy are they live? How about for "analog" sounds? Keep hearing about the digital clarity of them, but analog punch and warmth also? Curious...............

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to own a MicroQ, so I can't speak to the keyboard, but the sound engine is fantastic three oscillators, lots of modulation routings, and a bunch of different filter types. It can get quite thick, but I don't think it's particularly analog-sounding. Puchy, yes. Warm, not so much. That doesn't mean it doesn't sound great, but to me, my JP-8000 sounds far more analog than the Qs do.

Yellowface Micro Q owner here. It's an amazing box, but I wouldn't call it warm. Extremely versatile engine...it's true potential is hidden until you actually mess with the patches.

"For instance" is not proof.

I use to have a Q Phoenix.

The engine is really, really, cool. And I concur that it is a cold killing machine. Totally ice box. It has a gritty hard sound. Which, personally, I loved.

The only reason I sold mine was because I decided to focus more on organ, and I needed money for furniture and other stuff. But I would consider getting one again.

Archived