Music Player Network

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
what made you start doing this? #1683346 07/26/05 06:44 AM
J.J. Blair Offline OP
OP Offline
Some of us have such varied experiences about how we wound up doing this. My dad was an audio enthusiast (I have the JBL Olympus speakers that used to be in our living room when I was growing up as my soffit speakers). We always had everything on 1/4" reel to reel, and even as a kid I would experiment with recording and do things like use dynamic mics as speakers and headphones as microphones. I started playing guitar at eleven, and by age 15 or 16, I was using dual tape decks to bounce tracks and record back and forth to record multiple tracks, à la Les Paul, before he had a multitrack. I would make mix tapes and edit the cassette tapes to shorten the pauses, even. When I was 17, I got a Tascam 4 track thingy and eventually graguated to their 8 track 1/4" console, tape machine in one deal. I was just always fascinated with recording and production. Every record I ever owned, I wanted to know how they got a specific sound. I remebember being in 6th grade, a year after Van Halen's Women and Children First came out, going into the audio place next door and always asking how they got that sound on "Cradle Will Rock", and buying gadgets from them to try to achieve that. (Of course the guys at the audio place had no idea.) I always listened to records that way. "How can I make that same sound? Why did that use this instrument there?"

I am able to say that I always knew what I wanted to do, and that I am in the fortunate position that I get to do it as a full time occupation. I didn't just luck into it. Every record I ever listened to, every thing I learned about music theory, every instrument I taught myself, everything I learned about recording, I get to use these things every day that I work. As a result, I have gotten to work with some of the legendary artists of our time, and I have gotten to work on records that hopefully people will listen to years from now.

But the bottom line is that recording is one of those things that is a marriage of science and art, which is great for a guy like me. I have a really technical, analytical, geeky side and I have a creative side, tied together by my absolute love of music. And the marriage of these things is probably why I started doing this. And now I'm here!

How about you?

Friends don't let friends act like rockstars.
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683347 07/26/05 04:30 PM
miroslav Offline
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Quote:
Originally posted by J.J. Blair:
I have a really technical, analytical, geeky side and I have a creative side, tied together by my absolute love of music. And the marriage of these things is probably why I started doing this.
Same here...

...but speaking of the geeky side...
...I have to run out and check on a presentation system in our main theater...

...so I will post more in a bit!

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683348 07/26/05 07:38 PM
A
AudioMaverick Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
A
I used to DJ, as a hobby. My day job paid well, in the 80s. It financed my gear and electronics projects. The DJ pay just about covered my endless music purchases. The 90s caught up with me, marriage, layoff, redirection. But, being a computer geek, I found myself digitizing those records and making CDs on the company burner. A $5K device that took $20 blanks! I found Cool Edit ’95 in the internet (in 1995), and began cleaning up records. Cool Edit v1.0 introduced multitrack, where I put the mixer in the closet and dabbled in editing those extended mixes from the 80s. I bought an M-Audio Delta-1010 and some mini-mixers, in 1998. Found a band willing to stand in front of my 8-track DAW and spend Memorial Day seeing what I could do. That was when I realized what I could do, and the responsibility I had inherited to a musician’s music. I spent 2 months mixing, in my bedroom. I bought another Delta-1010 & an Allen & Heath MixWixard 16:2 console. And, I began gear lusting over microphones. I was hooked by 1999.

Over the last 6 years, the bedroom got modified, the sound system evolved, and the portable gear cart went through 3 revisions. I began onsite recording of piano recitals. I even recorded a blues rock band using almost every room of my 2-bedroom house (nice vaulted ceiling for the drummer). I started working with surround, in 2002. What a blast! My day job began sucking my life away, last year. So, I quit, sold the house and moved. I am now entertaining converting the garage into a mixing room with vocal booths – small project studio.

That is where I am, now. I’m on pause. But, moving forward.

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683349 07/27/05 02:11 AM
FIBES Offline
Dumbasses who didn't know a tone from a bone.

FIBES
"you can like it or you can not like it."
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683350 07/27/05 02:14 PM
miroslav Offline
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Hey FIBES...haven't seen you here in ages.

How's alpha doing?
He ever get his studio move completed?

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683351 07/27/05 03:36 PM
Bill@Welcome Home Studios Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I was a 14 year old with a Jap guitar, a bunch of original songs, a band, no money (or even sense of what a recording studio was, outside of the rooms in radio stations where we played live...), and a "Magic Eye" tape recorder loaned to me by a relative.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683352 07/27/05 03:38 PM
miroslav Offline
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
What made me start doing this…hmmm…?
I’m trying to remember when I actually “started”…it’s all a blur.

In the mid-70s, I was doing the club band scene…playing guitar, keys and singing. There were a couple of pretty successful bands…well, were gigging regularly and getting paid well…which seemed “successful” to a bunch of young guys.
At one point, I brought up “originals” in one band…and that kinda’ soured things a bit, ‘cuz no one else in the band wrote music…or considered getting creative along those lines…
…not to mention the fact that the “leader” of the band was getting a bit peeved that people were always ID-ing me as the lead guy…so very soon we had a falling out. He did not want to do anything original, and I did.

I formed a new band…things were good…and this time we were doing a good set of originals…but, not everyone in the band had the same goals as I did…and there I was, managing, arranging, writing, and owning most of the PA and all of the lights…and things just got to be a bit of a drag.
I loved doing that all that stuff…but it soon became clear to me that we were not a real “band”…and some of the guys were in it just for the short run…and did not have any long-term goals.
During this time, I had purchased a nice open reel 4-track…and began recording some of my stuff. No one else in the “band” seemed to be interested in recording.
After a couple more member changes, things came to a head, and I realized that I needed to move on…and so we disbanded….I sold the PA and Lighting system…and purchased a few more pieces of recording gear…and withdrew into my own world….writing and recording feverishly for about a year.

One day, some of my old band buddies showed up with a cheesy demo of a couple of songs they had finally written and recorded at a small commercial studio…and it sounded like shit.
Knowing that I had a small recording rig…they asked if I wanted to help them re-record/mix a couple of tunes.
When we were done…my work pissed all over the “real” studios work. I quickly realized that this is what I wanted to do…forever.

And now…25+ years later…having gone through a couple of studio changes/upgrades and moves…once from NJ to Upstate NY…and then again to my current location in Upstate NY…
…I now have a very well appointed studio. It’s not huge, but it has a very large assortment of toys…ass-kicking vibe (anyone that comes in thinks so).
I’ve kinda’ gone more into the “private project” direction with this current rig…but I may once again open up a bit more in time.
I am in the middle of a rather long album project right now. Have 4 tunes pretty much “in-the-can”…though none have gotten the “final” mix just yet. Need to nock out another 6-8 tunes.
I tend to do most of it alone…so it takes time…and I kinda’ like to move slow, because I enjoy the whole ride as much as I do the final destination.
It’s more than just a studio where I can explore my creativity…it’s lifetime mental therapy…a refuge…a safe haven.
I can spend a few days in there and never feel like I’m missing out on anything that may be happening on the “outside”. Heck…I hardly notice the “outside” when I am in there!

Besides the music, the playing and the recording…I also have some experience in TV production/video, web/multimedia…and just recently I headed off a bit more into pure IT work, but I will still have my hand in some web/multimedia.

So that’s kinda’ looking back at the meandering path that’s brought me this far…
…but the seed may have been planted even earlier!
I received a mono reel-to-reel to play around with, when I was about 10-11 years old. I spent hours and hours recording all kinds of ambient sounds in various settings. Nothing serious, mind you, but I think that’s where my love for recording was spawned.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683353 07/27/05 04:35 PM
FIBES Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by miroslav:
Hey FIBES...haven't seen you here in ages.

How's alpha doing?
He ever get his studio move completed?
He's doing good. basically has a mix room in a spare room right now. He did two tracks for me on my record: Superhorse

I'm giving him pond advice via email right now...

Good to see you, I hand at REP mostly. JJ is gonna change that once i get my free magazines and company car from him.

FIBES
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683354 07/27/05 04:48 PM
J.J. Blair Offline OP
OP Offline
bpark, by the way, I believe the preferred nomenclature is "Asian American".

FIBES, you mean you don't have a free subscription already? Damn, my dog has a free subscription.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683355 07/27/05 05:05 PM
miroslav Offline
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Quote:
Originally posted by FIBES:
He's doing good. basically has a mix room in a spare room right now. He did two tracks for me on my record: Superhorse
Listened to the cuts off your web site...
...very Iggy Pop/Lou Reed-ish.

Like that bit of pedal steel in "Wisper".

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683356 07/27/05 05:08 PM
miroslav Offline
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Quote:
I thought it was just a typo...and he really meant to say Jag guitar. ;\)

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683357 07/27/05 07:16 PM
Bill@Welcome Home Studios Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Quote:

There was nothing "American" about it. Made in Japan.

But I'm sick of all of this PC stuff anyway. If you are from Japan, you are Japanese. (In our culture. Possibly something like Niponese or whaever in your own.) If you are from the US, you are from the US. If you have African, Asian, or some other background in your heritage, but were born in the US, you are a citizen of the US. Get over it. You are more than welcome to be proud of your heritage, but no matter how you slice it, you are a citizen of the US, in spite of any self-proclaimed titles you might care to adopt. Personally, I'm thinking of deciding to be "King of the World". Wadda ya think? Sound cool, don't it? ;\)

Oh, by the way...the REST of the countries in the Americas are not so happy about the US deciding that they don't exist, and that the US IS America. (If being PC is "your thing".)

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683358 07/27/05 11:07 PM
J.J. Blair Offline OP
OP Offline
bpark, it's just a quote from The Big Lebowski, which will be required viewing in this forum if I can possibly enforce that. LOL.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683359 07/27/05 11:35 PM
starscream2010 Offline
Quote:
bpark, it's just a quote from The Big Lebowski, which will be required viewing in this forum if I can possibly enforce that. LOL.
Let me preface this by saying that: I'm generally a "lurker" (if that's even a word) at PSW, but like J.J.'s post's/advice so much that I signed up over here with the hopes of learning more and being a pro-active member. But I second the motion to make watching The Big Lebowski an “official” forum by-law \:D

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683360 07/27/05 11:56 PM
miroslav Offline
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683361 07/27/05 11:56 PM
miroslav Offline
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Cosmic Cowboy
10k Club
Dude...dude...
...I think then we really need:
The Big Lebowski Random Quote Generator

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683362 07/28/05 12:15 AM
J.J. Blair Offline OP
OP Offline
Nick, flattery will get you everywhere.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683363 07/28/05 12:32 AM
starscream2010 Offline
;\)

"You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me."

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683364 07/28/05 12:51 AM
J.J. Blair Offline OP
OP Offline
"You brought the f***ing Pomeranian bowling?"

"I haven't brought it bowling...I didn't rent it shoes, I'm not buying it a f***ing beer, it's not taking a f***ing turn..."

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683365 07/28/05 12:59 AM
starscream2010 Offline
"Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as sh*t, DONT F**KING ROLL! SHOMER SHABBOS!"

Damn I love that movie, it's a classic.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683366 07/28/05 01:07 AM
J.J. Blair Offline OP
OP Offline
I saw Karl Hungus rehearsing at my place. He has a band called ... get this ... Blonde from Fargo.

I told the guy who works for me to make sure when he pays his bill, tell him "Give us zee money, or ve vill cut of your chonson."

He pussied out and didn't. I shoulda fired him. LOL.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683367 07/28/05 02:14 AM
starscream2010 Offline
LOL!!! No way! The look on his face would have been worth it, you should've fired that guy, lol.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683368 07/28/05 04:54 PM
FIBES Offline
"Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost. Isn't that what makes a man?"

"Sure, that and a pair of testicles."

FIBES
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683369 07/28/05 05:04 PM
starscream2010 Offline
"Do you mind if I smoke a J?"

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683370 07/29/05 08:38 AM
BrianK Offline
BACK to topic.

I remember finding one of our home stereo speakers was dead. I pulled it apart and fixed it (easy to us now) with no instructions or knowledge, just an interest.

Same thing with recording on old cassette and reel to reel - I kept trying different levels and settings to get it to sound the best. At least then, there were no managers or labels involved!

Relax and float downstream...
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683371 07/29/05 09:41 PM
J.J. Blair Offline OP
OP Offline
"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a very strict drug regimen to keep my mind limber..."

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683372 07/31/05 04:22 PM
the stranger Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I gotta go find a cash machine!

Damn, this forum moderator JJ guy is the shiznit, baby!

Quote:
"My advice to you is to do what your parents did -- get a job!"
The bums always lose!

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683373 07/31/05 10:07 PM
Bejeeber Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
"Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683374 08/01/05 03:08 PM
starscream2010 Offline
"You're killing your father, Larry!"

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683375 08/01/05 08:58 PM
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club
10k Club
I have a really technical, analytical, geeky side and I have a creative side, tied together by my absolute love of music. And the marriage of these things is probably why I started doing this.

Same here. \:\)

I have had perfect pitch for a far back as I remember... even as a kid, I could recall and sing a song in the proper key from memory. That helped... I started playing instruments in 6th grade (early 1970's) and kept adding new instruments as the years went on... but while I played in a lot of bands, I realized fairly early that my playing was never going to land me in rockstarland (thank GOD for that on retrospection ;\) - I love your "friends don't let friends act like rockstars" sig line JJ!), and since I was always fairly adept at science and music, I felt that production and engineering would allow me the opportunity to use both halves of the ol' brain. Side benefit - I have been able to play on a lot more records this way than I probably ever would have been able to do otherwise. \:D

I started experimenting with cassette decks and el cheapo mics back in the mid 1970's, and it was actually a line in a movie that got me into overdubbing... it was The Buddy Holly Story, where they show Holly in the studio after just finishing a take, and he tells the engineer to "play that back, and record it, along with what I'm about to play, on to a second tape deck", or words to that effect... and it was suddenly like someone had clicked on a light switch and I thought "aaah, so that's how Les Paul and Macca were able to play all the parts by themselves". I "liberated" another Sylvania cassette deck from my dad that had line / mic mixing capabilities built in, and started bouncing things back and forth, and my future destiny and poverty were thereafter assured... ;\) \:D

Phil O'Keefe
Sound Sanctuary Recording
Riverside CA
http://www.ssrstudio.com
http://www.philokeefe.com
pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com
My New Forum on Harmony-Central
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683376 08/13/05 06:08 AM
ptuzer Offline
The Beatles made me do it.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683377 08/13/05 06:33 AM
P
PookyNMR Offline
P
I grew up in a very musical family. My father was a folk style guitarist (he also played the Euphonium (4 valve) (which I learned as well) and the French horn). My mother plays the pipe organ.

I played many instruments in my younger years. I started playing guitar at 8. My fingers were too small, so I quit until 12, then I took it up again and haven't looked back.

When I was around 15, my older brother in law arrived on the scene. He was a professional touring musician. I hung around with him a lot and toured with him as much as I could learning every part of the production from the pros.

I started going to University to take Chemical Engineering, but decided that it was a waste of my life. My mother asked what I wanted to do if I could do anything. I said music. She said why not take a few years and check it out. So I enrolled in a great jazz college in our area. I loved it. I graduated with distinction. A few years after I graduated I was able to do music full time. Since then I have been involed in live playing, running live rigs, and recording. Haven't looked back since,

Nathan Rousu
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683378 08/16/05 12:45 PM
C
Cojonesonasteek Offline
C
We always had music in the house when I was growing up - Mom had been a professional musician in the late 40s/early 50s (she even had her own TV show in Cincinnati), Dad did musical theatre and had a great record collection (I just hated all the opera he'd play on Sundays after church). Mom taught me how to play her ukelele when I was about 6 and I graduated to guitar by 8 or 9 and started writing songs. Dad bought a reel-to-reel deck with track bouncing capability while in 'Nam around 1968 so I started doing my own rudimentary recordings with a couple Radio Shack mics in the early 70s. I still have a tape of me playing a dead-on version of Leo Kottke's "Vaseline Machine Gun" in my basement in 1974.

When bands I played in got to go into pro studios I caught the bug and eventually learned enough to drive solo and produce/engineer stuff for other people as well as my own material.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683379 08/17/05 08:02 PM
E
eightyeightkeys Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member
E
Hmm....I know why I started doing this but I can't figure out why I'm still doing this. It sure ain't for the money.

eightyeightkeys
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683380 08/21/05 02:26 PM
M
mixfix Offline
M
In my case I was a guitar player and drummer and had played in MANY bands playing many styles, and spent a lot of time on the road. Eventually, I ended up recording under various situations and got familiar with doing that but still did not consider being anything other than a musician...

After a while I got to the point where I needed to "settle down" and did not know what to do because I did not want to do anything other than music. One day at rehearsal, our keyboard player showed me an ad for a recording engineering school and a light went off inside my head.."hey, I could do that and that way I could settle down and stay involved with music and maybe even make a few bucks..." It did not take long for my love for engineering to equal my love for being a musician.
Well I did not go that that school but I made some connections and started as a gopher at a real studio. I learned under experienced people. A few years later I studied electronics and one thing led to another. I ended up doing both maintenance and recording/mixing at various studios and after a few years moved into post sound. that is the (very) short version.

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683381 08/23/05 12:53 PM
K
Kendrix Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
K
JJ's history could largely apply to me- except that I didnt end up doing this as a career.

I alwayus had an inherent and very deep appreciation of music- really deep.
Some of my very earliest memories are of banging out melodies (the "Theme from Exodous" comes to mind) on my kiddie xylophone or my neighbors piano.

My dad was a music nut. We had the best stereo in town in the mid-sixties. So, it was a mix of DNA and my environment that got me hooked. I always had very good ears for sound and music.

When in 6th grade i wrote to all the majors asking how i could become a recorging engineer.
Noone answered.
Somehow, even then, I was more into the technical aspects of production than being a rock star.

I played sax in shcool and bought a Gretsch for 200 bucks in 1968. Ive still got it. Played in a few garage bands and did a little gigging.
Got heavily into the NY concert scene (such as at the Fillmore east) in the day.
Got to see many of the very best calssic rock acts in their prime.

However, I also did really well in school and i was somehow contaminated with the idea that musicians were gypsies and that I could/should do better with my life. What a crock.

I got a degree in physics ( very relevant to acoustics and recoring) put time into my day job and went for a number of years without actively participating in music.

Mid 90's I got transferred to Tokyo. My apartment was not far from the section of town where all the music retailers had their shops. We bought an ensoniq keyboard so my daughter could continue her piano lessons in japan. The keyboard was polytimbral, had a midi port and ended up in the same room as our PC. Before you know it I had a sequencer, then a cassette based 8 track, some real mics, yada yada yada.
So, my mid-life-crisis home studio was born.

These days i do this as a hobby- largely for my own entertainment. Writing an producing demos of my original stuff. I agree that the combination of right and left brain skills that are involved in this makes it really interesting and rewarding. Time really flies when I'm in the prodiuction zone.

Would love to figure out how to ease into semi-retirement while doing some sort of production work for a modest income.

Check out some tunes here:
http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683382 08/27/05 07:17 PM
Jessica T Offline
Hi everyone.
This is my first time visiting these parts, although I've hung around in KC for a while now. I'm 20 years old and I feel like I don't know nothin' compared to all of you.
Let's see, where do I begin? Well, I've always had this ingrained passion for sound and music ever since I can remember. But unlike all of you, I didn't come from a musical family, although I really wish I would have. My mom is a portrait artist and my dad was a firefighter and is now retired. He was very mechanically enclined with only a slight interest in sound. We listened to plenty of recordings on a regular basis, but my interest in it as a lifelong career sort of sprouted out of nowhere!
In my teenage years, I started doing what a lot of you have done; working with El Cheepo mics and various tape machines, experimenting with variable speed effects and inherant room ambiances. I made a lot of very cheesy Halloween mixes and would play them for Trick Or Treaters on Halloween night each year! When I was a junior in high school, I sang in the chorus. The music teacher opened my eyes to the joys of performing and all of the musical stuff that I had been missing out on all these years. After a year in her class, I came away with a renewed passion and kind of a reminder why I started all of this. In my senior year, I had a few internships that shed some mmore light on things, and then a year of kind of wasted time at a community college. Now, I'm here at Full Sail, about ready to graduate, thankful that I've come to the right place and that I know what I wanna' do with my life!

Re: what made you start doing this? #1683383 08/29/05 05:49 PM
BrianK Offline
Jessica - welcome; your experiments are just as valuable as anyone else's, no matter what the gear. You are learning about SOUND and how to work with it - that's all you need to be doing.

Kendrix: >>Would love to figure out how to ease into semi-retirement while doing some sort of production work for a modest income.">>>

That does sound good - and one of those things in life you KNOW you would be good at. The world of gear really does allow you to have a pro setup at home - do you have something to practice on before you go "to the world" with your services?

Relax and float downstream...
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683384 08/30/05 12:14 PM
K
Kendrix Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
K
Quote:
Originally posted by BrianK:

Kendrix: >>Would love to figure out how to ease into semi-retirement while doing some sort of production work for a modest income.">>>

That does sound good - and one of those things in life you KNOW you would be good at. The world of gear really does allow you to have a pro setup at home - do you have something to practice on before you go "to the world" with your services?
Well, at this poiint ive got enough reasonable gear that should allow me to generate quality tracks and mixes.

However, Im just makin demos of my own songwriting efforts- and am either playing or programming every sound myself. The typical lone ranger situation.

A barrier to me working on the music of others is that my recording space is small and I dont have that many channels of quality mics/pres that I can record simultaneously.

Ive actually thought about looking to work as a lowly assistant part time at a local studio jsut to buid out some commercial experience (the Studio at Linden Oaks is nearby).

Any thoughts on this?

Check out some tunes here:
http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava
Re: what made you start doing this? #1683385 09/06/05 09:00 AM
Björn Fröberg Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Well, the combination of an interest in music and hifi and finding a music school that teaches sound engineering did the trick for me. I got hooked before I even noticed it.

- Bob Freebird

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams
Page 1 of 2 1 2