Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1683216 - 07/19/05 12:03 PM DVD/CD drive Firmware
Eric Beam Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Santa Monica
thought i'd share..

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

i updated my firmware on one of my dvd burners to the latest and now nero sees it as a faster drive.. some of you might want to try it..

#1683217 - 07/19/05 12:28 PM Re: DVD/CD drive Firmware
AudioMaverick Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Outskirts of Big Bear, CA,UNIT...
It's been about 7 years since I've had to up the firmware on one of my writers. Things have been going so well, these last years. I checked mine. But, there is not information on what the update is correcting/adding. There was a link for removing the region restrictions -- not my thing.

Thanks for the link. I'll see if I can find out what these updates are intended for.

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

#1683218 - 07/19/05 03:18 PM Re: DVD/CD drive Firmware
Dylan Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Just make sure that the firmware that you are updating is for your exact model of drive, otherwise, you will most likely toast it and render it useless.

#1683219 - 07/19/05 06:08 PM Re: DVD/CD drive Firmware
AudioMaverick Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Outskirts of Big Bear, CA,UNIT...
Always. It has to be a good reason, too. Otherwise, leave it be! If the firmware flash said it would do something like up the burner speed from 4x to 8x, stop making coasters with certain media, or resolve an issue with data structure during burn... I'd consider it. But, when there is no explaination AND the thing is working fine... no way.

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."