Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1683211 - 07/19/05 02:48 AM Reason and PT in Windows question
SpencerC Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Okay, before we all jump ship (Like we aren't all gripping the gunwales with ten fingers):

I for the life of me can't get the Dr Rex to bounce loops when Reason is in rewire mode in PT. It works fine when I start a song in Reason alone, but only if I create a file before rewiring it to PT. If I open a file after it was rewired first I can't get the loop to bounce. Go figure. Anyone else had this problem? Howdidjafixit?

Spencer C (on the West Coast not the East Coast Spencer guy, who I'm sure is a fine fellow).

#1683212 - 07/19/05 10:18 AM Re: Reason and PT in Windows question
Lee Knight Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Encinitas,CA,UNITED STATES
"Bounce" meaning rendering to audio in PT? Did you try "Bounce to Disc" with Reason soloed. Then importing the resulting file into an audio track in PT?

#1683213 - 07/20/05 01:49 AM Re: Reason and PT in Windows question
SpencerC Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
No as in the dr rex takes the parts of the loop and lays them out in the reason sequencer for you. the loop sampler won't play unless it's 'bounced. You can preview it but that's all.

Spencer

#1683214 - 07/20/05 09:33 AM Re: Reason and PT in Windows question
Lee Knight Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Encinitas,CA,UNITED STATES
Oh, I see. Or rather I don't see so I'm not your man. (I'm a Reason neophyte). Good Luck.

#1683215 - 07/20/05 11:18 AM Re: Reason and PT in Windows question
Chris Cavell Offline

Loc: US
Several of Reasons features go belly up when rewired into protools. Try exporting a midi file from the rex player and use it to control reason from a midi channel in pro tools.

Cheers,
Chris