Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For Mojo owners... Vb3 version 2 vs VB3 latest vst version?

kwyn

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, let's see...

Bottom line is that they are both so authentic, that it's really like having 2 Hammond consoles that sound different.

v2 sounds more hifi, more like a clean well maintained B3, although you can make it plenty dirty when you want.

v1.4 sounds like more of an old road warrior. AM radio vs FM radio, maybe.

v2 leslie sim is more refined, with better bottom rotor animation. v1.4 has completely adjustable ramp and speed times. v2 is better, but I don't miss it when I play 1.4

Chorus vib is great on both. It's slightly more adjustable on v2.

Percussion is great on both, but is improved on v2. You can dial out the volume drop for Normal for instance.

The 20 different models that Mojo provides are a huge benefit - you can tune it with custom tonewheel sets. v1.4 has 3 models.

Key click is a wash. It actually used to be better on 1.4 but Guido corrected that. The release click is a bit more authentic on v2 in that it is not as loud. Release click on v1.4 is as loud as attack click, but I am a click junky and so I love that I can make 1.4 spit more than v2.

Tonal balance is the one complaint I have with v1.4. I like a nice resonant 888000000, not just a dull bassy tone, and when I cut some bass and boost some 2K - 4K to make that sound great, then switching to 888888888 can rip your face off if you are not careful. I end up using 888888766 for full organ sometimes. OTOH, using my favorite tonewheel set on Mojo, the v1.4 has more solid bass.

You can't go wrong with either.

Moe

---

If VB3 (latest vst version) is a 7 on a scale of 1-10, what's VB3 version 2?

I would say the VB3(1) is higher than 7.

I would say the VB3-2 is 10 out of 10 because it sounds better than a couple of B3s I have own that were not adjustable (obviously). I use it with the full interface HC. (a trip). Despite the very good rotor simulation, it is just un-freakin believable out of a HS3300. Must hear to believe (an opportunity would be to hear Monaco play his Mojo via his 3300 when touring around, possibly)

Imo, The VB3-2 is 'it' - the **it! right now. Plus as said many times you can copy your own B3.

If it were in a studio with a real B3 there is a possibility I would use the VB3-2 as I can get it to sound like I want instead. Can't say enough good about AND it is a MODEL with the sound created from nothing in real time.

W.

To echo what was said above, unlike any other clone, you have 20 different organs to choose from in the Mojo...and they come stock and totally selectable. It isn't a trick of EQ. They really are different.

I have modeled my own B3 and it sounds great. It is different from the 20 that come stock. It is an amazing instrument.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

I have to chime in here too. The mojo is spectacular! In the last two weeks my band has been learning some new tunes, one of which was "keep me hanging on" by Vanilla Fudge, and when I cranked up the reverb on my Mojo with a bit of overdrive and played the first few notes of the solo organ intro part, my band mates just started smiling. The mojo sounded awesome! Next on the list is Foreplay/longtime by Boston and once again this Mojo just nails it, and I can make it as smooth or ballsy as I want. Version 2 in the Mojo is amazing!

I always liked vb3and I've used it for years.. It sounds great too. But I do prefer v2 in the Mojo.

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

Archived