Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Money For Nothing - 5.1 DVD-A surround mix

Tenstrum

Several weeks ago, I purchased a brand spanking new Acura TL. Much to my surprise, my car has a DVD Audio player in it. A 5.1 DVD Audio sampler came with it.

One of those tracks is the 25th Anniversary remix of Money For Nothing.

Got to tell you that driving down the road with that song cranked up in surround sound is just truly awesome! They did an extremely good job with it. The intro especially. The drums are thunderous and feel like I'm surrounded by concussion grenades. Everything is very clear and crisp.

Overall, I am thoroughly enjoying the sampler. So much so that I've been looking to buy the actual Brothers In Arms 25th Anniversary DVD-A. The only problem is that it is out of print and the cheapest I've found it used was around $150!!

There is also a really good mix of Steve Miller's "Fly Like An Eagle" on the sampler as well. Kind of a shame the format never really caught on....

As a side note, Brothers In Arms has a special place in my heart as it was the first album that I bought as a kid with my own money. Love that album.

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a side note, Brothers In Arms has a special place in my heart as it was the first album that I bought as a kid with my own money. Love that album.

Dayum! You'se is jes' a kid!

*sucks teeth, dodders away muttering about 'kids these days'*

Play. Just play.

I'm 38 man....Leave us kids alone!

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Damn smart-ass kids. Keep it down, I'm trying to get some sleep around here.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I'm 38 man....Leave us kids alone!

We early X-ers gots ta stick together. ;)

<-- will be 39 next month...

Actually, I will be too. On the 9th.

Tenstrum

• 2 months later...

SCORE!!!!

I found a used but excellent condition DVD-A off of Amazon for $30!! I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet. I will post a review when I do.

Tenstrum

Speaking of Brothers in Arms, my band is working up "Walk of Life" and it will be the first song on which I'll be singing the lead vocal. Pretty psyched.
"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

I'm 35 now- thinking about my kids- oldest just turned 14.

- My kids have had actual cartoon channels- on cable/satellite.

- He asked me how a tape player works- couldn't figure it out

- He was talking about some movie- can't remember which one- he said "it's REALLY old- like made in 19 90 something"

- A friend's 15 year old daughter was floored that my DVD player was older than she is AND it still worked.

More on point, Brothers in Arms was awesome. I listened to it a lot growing up. The Weird Al parody was one of the first songs that got me tuned in to him.

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

I let my 19 year old brother in law hear Money For Nothing the other day. He had never heard it....

/face palm

He did state that it was an awesome song. So at least he recognizes good music. ;)

Tenstrum

Money For Nothing... It's funny how some songs take you to a specific time and place... Summer of 1985. Me and Eileen got married in early September. Whenever I hear Money For Nothing it takes me right back to walking down Kalakaua Avenue in Waikiki hand in hand and that is not a bad memory at all.

I was 24 at the time. You do the math.

Push the button Frank.

Archived