Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1648309 - 05/20/04 09:45 AM Question for Ethan (and every one else)
Purusha108 Offline

Loc: Ljubljana,SLOVENIA
Ethan,

I have a few more things to catch before starting to build my own traps.

Rigid fiberglass - are we talking about the hard rockwool as we call it here
in my country?

Since the products are most probably different in size here, I need to know if the 4'(10cm) thick pannels of hard rockwool - 15'x 40'(60 x 100cm) in size would be OK? They are available in this size. Does the precise size of the pannel matters?

Would 4' rigid fiberglass in a wooden frame or without (45 across in all corners) be OK to cover my lower frequencies? I plan to put them in all corners in the room, also on the ceiling corners, just like Jabbaz did plus more on the open walls. (and I know that your mini traps would be even better)

Should I make also some pannels with thinner rockwool for higher frequencies or should I just put the same ones on the open walls, too?

Thank you very much for you precious help.

Best regards, Purusha

http://www.tat-purusha.com

#1648310 - 05/20/04 10:33 PM Re: Question for Ethan (and every one else)
Ethan Winer Moderator Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: New Milford, CT, USA
Purusha,

> Rigid fiberglass - are we talking about the hard rockwool as we call it here in my country? <

Yes, I think so.

> Does the precise size of the pannel matters? <

The thicker it is, the lower in frequency it absorbs to.

> Would 4' rigid fiberglass in a wooden frame or without (45 across in all corners) be OK to cover my lower frequencies? <

If you mean 4 inches, then yes, that's great.

> Should I make also some pannels with thinner rockwool for higher frequencies or should I just put the same ones on the open walls, too? <

If you can afford the thicker ones, that's all the better. But one or two inches thick is fine for mid and high frequencies.

--Ethan

#1648311 - 05/21/04 06:10 AM Re: Question for Ethan (and every one else)
Purusha108 Offline

Loc: Ljubljana,SLOVENIA
Thanks Ethan,

I think I got it now. I don't know how much this costs in USA but here you can get 20 pannels of 4 inch (100x60cm) rigid fiberglass per 100$ plus they have a special black fabric on both sides ment for extra sound absorption.

Purusha

http://www.tat-purusha.com

Moderator:  Ethan Winer