Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1646876 - 03/02/04 06:04 PM Good DIY article on sidewall diffusers in last months Recording mag...
the stranger Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: THE TOP
Anybody else see this article? I'll be making some of these.

And has everybody checked out Ethan's site? Great info there. I still haven't read everything there.

I found these pages, which has numerous links to articles about room treatments...

link

more links

Here's a page with links to common treatment companies...

and even more links

Here's a cool page I found that has links to a whole bunch of project studio related things...

project studio handbook

#1646877 - 03/03/04 12:59 PM Re: Good DIY article on sidewall diffusers in last months Recording mag...
Ethan Winer Moderator Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: New Milford, CT, USA
Stranger,

> Anybody else see this article? I'll be making some of these. <

Don't waste your time. Those are not diffusors or absorbers. I'm not even sure what they're supposed to be! The other Acoustics article in that issue was pretty good though.

--Ethan

#1646878 - 03/03/04 02:51 PM Re: Good DIY article on sidewall diffusers in last months Recording mag...
the stranger Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Really? I'm not even close to that point in the construction phase of my garage conversion, so I won't bother if you think they are a waste of time.

My room is going to be somewhat similar to yours (based on the pic of your studio).
The moitoring area is in the back end and the front half of the room is open.
This area will be 12' wide, whcih is narrow and I'm assuming that sidewall reflections are going to be a problem.

#1646879 - 03/03/04 02:53 PM Re: Good DIY article on sidewall diffusers in last months Recording mag...
the stranger Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I'll get a pic of the area and get it uploaded so I can post it here.

#1646880 - 03/03/04 03:05 PM Re: Good DIY article on sidewall diffusers in last months Recording mag...
Ethan Winer Moderator Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: New Milford, CT, USA
Strange,

> I won't bother if you think they are a waste of time. <

If you want to see the correct ways to treat a room see the Acoustics FAQ, second in the list on my Articles page:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/articles.html

--Ethan

Moderator:  Ethan Winer