Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1646663 - 02/26/04 05:39 PM gig set up help
KDshkb Offline

Loc: atlanta ga
ethan,

perhaps you or a contributor can help. i'm retiring from suit and tie days soon and have a hankerin' to play small club (happy hour) venues for small change and drinks.

i'm a B+ rythm accousic player, C+ lead, fill.
i've a martin, d-1 with pick up, a studio les paul, small fender amp and a yamaha piano....can't haul the yamaha around.

i'd like to invest in the gear that will allow me to set up, play 2 hours and get gone. my knowledge base of all the electronics gear now available isn't very good...poor....deadened by years of "real work" and raising a family.

nonetheless, had hoped for a recommendation or two from the forum

i wish to vocal and play accoustic with pre-recorded bass, drums, etc. guess i'll need ample p.a. system to go along, too, as most venues would not provide.

can i buy pre-recorded back up? or do i need to record for playback and accompaniment?

csn&y,
eagles,
jt

etc.

i've an excellent voice and good guitar skills. how do i take this to a tues-sat gig?

thanks,

kd

p.s. searching the web is overwhelming as was a visit to guitar center this morning....confused

#1646664 - 02/26/04 06:18 PM Re: gig set up help
Ethan Winer Moderator Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: New Milford, CT, USA
Hi KD,

> i'd like to invest in the gear that will allow me to set up, play 2 hours and get gone. <

I think you'll do better asking in one of the other forums. Our focus here is strictly room acoustics and acoustic treatment. I believe the Gigging forum, just a few doors down, will be a much better place for you to ask.

--Ethan

Moderator:  Ethan Winer