Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1646225 - 07/16/05 10:20 PM Need some opinions...
OMAL Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh
This is my first real attempt at a full website.

Buc Wyld

Can you take a quick peek and let me know what you think, good or bad.

All comments are welcome, I can take a little " tuff love".

Thank you in advance

#1646226 - 07/16/05 11:36 PM Re: Need some opinions...
Dak Lander Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Temecula, LoCal, USA
Looks like it's coming along and looks better than the first time I saw it.

Side note...On your blurb about "Our Crew". I'd be pissed as hell about the bitch remark, if I were the gopher/roadie that hauls everything you ask, and tell you to haul your own damned stuff.
Not cool to slam your help. It may be in jest but the connotation is not good. IMHO, you're purporting to have a professional website & that ain't professional.
Take that for what it's worth.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

#1646227 - 07/17/05 10:56 AM Re: Need some opinions...
OMAL Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh
Dak, first thankyou, its almost there, a few more things to finish. You make a great point and got me thinking.

Added question, for you and anyone else...

What about the pictures under "Behind the scenes"?

How do they come off to the internet world? I added them, and still need a few more of the rest of the guys, to try and give a little more personal touch tothe band. Does it work, or do they just come off as "what do these have to do with a band web page?" and are they just wasting space.

Should I not have those and keep personal type pics under personal bios?

Your comment reminded me that it is not just our friends looking at the site, that understand "inside jokes" and such, but a whole world of people out there.

Thanks again, and keep it coming.

#1646228 - 07/17/05 11:17 AM Re: Need some opinions...
Dak Lander Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Temecula, LoCal, USA
I personally don't see a problem with the pics. Some of the individual pics you could put in the bio, but only the ones that don't have to do with gigs, practice and band doings.
You might think about tossing in some crowd and fan pics too.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

#1646229 - 07/17/05 11:16 PM Re: Need some opinions...
MidLifeCrisis® Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Tampa, Fl
Just browsing around here and stumbled on your posts.
Since you asked for opinions...

I like the theme of the header you put together. That has an appealing visual draw to it.
But the links to the sections get lost in the fence. I see where you were going but it can use improvements. Try a different color or put a border around them.

Also, you should put a brief description of the main theme of the band above the mailing list stuff. Your home page should say something about who you are and what you specialize in.

#1646230 - 07/24/05 08:29 PM Re: Need some opinions...
Dr. Ellwood Offline
10k Club

Loc: MoTown
Buc ya its getting alot better man! and loved your sound clips too! nice mix great ideas..one thing though.. and do not get pissed at me.. I been doing this stuff along time man... and I understand your market there but... you gotta take another look at what the band is wearing to gig in.. and Im NOT a tightass punk either... Im just tring to help ya... just give it some thought and talk it over man.....Lee