Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1626467 - 03/16/01 04:43 PM Art question for Dr. Al
fet Offline

Loc: ,,UNITED STATES
I always admired the Norman Rockwell portrait of you and Mike Bloomfield on the cover of your "Live Adventures" LP. Did you guys do one or more sittings with Mr. Rockwell? And who has this painting now? Thanks.

#1626468 - 03/18/01 08:16 AM Re: Art question for Dr. Al
Doctor Al Offline

Loc: ,,US
We did one sitting for Norm, which he personally photographed, and then he worked from the photos he took. Since the cost of the paintiung was deducted from our royalties, I always thought WE owned the painting, but the art director TOOK IT when he left SONY Records! He sold it a long time ago and it's changed hands at least three times. The last I knew of it, 7 years ago, it was owned by the brother of a deejay from New York City. Another example of record company abuse.

#1626469 - 03/18/01 08:09 PM Re: Art question for Dr. Al
fet Offline

Loc: ,,UNITED STATES
That art director's action was unacceptable - one would guess that the laws of karma would catch up with this guy - sometimes that is all one can hope for. I'm glad that you have survived with your health and good humor intact.