Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1626442 - 03/15/01 07:27 AM need direction
bless Offline

Loc: Woodland Hills,CA,UNITED STATE...
Hello,

I just had to ask a few questions about getting my material to the right people. I do songwriting and production for Hip Hop and R&B and have a lot of energy and ideas and need guidance from someone with more experience. I also went to school for recording and just recently build my own recording studio. For my studio I went with the new Sony DMX-R100 digital mixer hooked up with the Tascam MX2424 with numerous different outboard gear alongside my sequencers, keyboards, sound modules,etc. I have been in songwriting and production for a while now and now have all the tools necessary to present professional tracks to labels. My overall goal is to land a production deal with a label. I'd appreciate any feedback and apologize if these questions show any experience in my part, I'm only 22 wha did u expect.

Bless

P. S. Remember that name because one day it'll all make sense.

#1626443 - 03/15/01 07:01 PM Re: need direction
lrossmusic Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Washington DC , UNITED STATES
Bless,

Check with all the R&B / Hip Hop labels you can and find out what there submission policy is. Some may not accept unsolicited material at all. Other's might ask that you send a tape with maybe three of you best songs.
At any rate this might be a good starting point.

Lincoln
http://www.mp3.com/lincolnross

This message has been edited by lrossmusic@hotmail.com on 03-16-2001 at 06:59 AM

#1626444 - 03/15/01 11:01 PM Re: need direction
Doctor Al Offline

Loc: ,,US
jeez im jealous
what was your day gig to afford the SONY console and TASCAM hard drive at age 22 ?