Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1626420 - 03/06/01 08:13 PM ethics in recording
Slava Offline

Loc: Wilmore,KY,UNITED STATES
Hello!

I am a media communication student at Asbury College. I am writing a paper on an ethical dilemma in recording, and I was wondering if maybe I could get your opinion on a subject as a short interview over the e-mail.

My dilemma is: if you were offered a very tempting job- to produce (or engineer for) a famous band that you just found out has racist content in their lyrics, would you have any problem with that, or you even consider taking the job in the first place? Or would you react in any other way?

For this paper I need opinions of several sound engineers/producers, so if you know someone else who would mind sharing their opinion on this, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Slava

#1626421 - 03/07/01 09:07 PM Re: ethics in recording
Doctor Al Offline

Loc: ,,US
>>>>if you were offered a very tempting job- to produce (or engineer for) a famous band that you just found out has racist content in their lyrics, would you have any problem with that, or you even consider taking the job in the first place? Or would you react in any other way?<<<<

I, personally, dont endorse racist content, so I'd pass on the job once I found that info out. It's entirely up to a person's personal politics and greed what they accept or do not accept.

#1626422 - 03/08/01 03:02 PM Re: ethics in recording
Slava Offline

Loc: Wilmore,KY,UNITED STATES
thanks for your reply Al

Slava