Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Focusrite Liquid Channel?

I know it's a "wait until it's released"-type of item, but...

Is anyone really looking forward to this? It seems like a great idea (that's been tried, in a sense, before), and the hands on preview in SOS was pretty glowing (saying, "I can see the Liquid Channel appearing in racks all over the world in double quick time."). Forty Classic pres and comps for just $3200 seems a steal...or is it likely to be just that?

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that it's probably a very capable product, and many people will find very musical applications for it. My other prediction is that there will be a contingent of golden ears who are sonically offended by it, saying that it is a travesty to compare it to their revered pres and comps.

Past the marketing and the negative associations with Avid/Digi, I'm sure it will be fairly cool. For a non-professional studio, though, it's the weak link dilemma: does the rest of your gear have the sonic integrity to take advantage of the subtle accuracy of a device like this?

"For instance" is not proof.

Try going over to Geo. Massenbugs Forum and run a serch on the topic "Modeling." Let's just say a lot of this stuff gets slammed as making false claims about being the exact same thing as the real deal. It still might be useful, but it ain't the real deal. Someday maybe, when the technology makes some more great leaps forward.

Archived