Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Mac does not "see" my Electro 2 - please help

yannis D

Hello

I got a problem loading sounds to my Electro. I downloaded the new OS - 3.04, but when i restart the Electro my laptop will not detect it. Says "check USB connection", but there's no problem to my USB connection here...

Since i downloaded the new OS all my old samples have been erased and there's no sound at all. Plus i can't download the samples through my Nord Electro Tool 'cause there's no connection. Any idea what to do?

Thanx

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, i did everything Clavia suggests. The one thing that still tricks me is the USB driver installation. Clavia says it's only for PC users... Other tricky thing: when power up it says E.6... But as far as i know there's no 3.06 OS, only 3.04...

Moe

Mac

The download manager did not work, just downloaded it. From moment 1 just doesn't detect the Electro.

Computer 2 y.o and reliable. USB works just fine with my Tascam PC122 and any other keyboard controller so far.

When i download or try to connect there's no other USB devices connecter (at first i had my midi-to-USB port, but this was only to download the new OS. When i did so i disconnected the midi-to-USB and just left the USB)

Are you sure you updated to the most recent Electro Tool for an NE2? Did you triple check your USB connections?

Also, I have a nagging memory that E.6 is some kind of error message, but I can't remember what it means. Google's not coming up with anything either

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

thanx for the help guys

I double checked everything and it seems that it's either a harware problem -so i'll have to remove the board and send it to Sweden :( - or a software problem regarding the OS installation. The Clavia experts -who have been very quick and supportive- told me to send them a pic from my board and they'll send me back BIOS to tottaly erase the former OS so i can re-install the new one. If this won't help i'll have to go the expenssive way, send my board to Sweden, wait and pay...

And as the Murphy low says s***t comes at the worst moment - these days i use my Electro twice a week in a steady gig.

Bummer. Good luck getting it fixed and quickly.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 weeks later...

Yannis, I realize this is moot at this point, but I've been doing some research before buying an NE3 and came across this in the OS Update History page on Clavia's site:

Nord Electro 3 update history

v3.00 (2010-06-16)

* The Electro 3 is now compatible with the new v5 platform with the v5 Piano sounds, the new Sound Manager 5.30 and the v3.00 WHQL certified USB driver.

* Fixed an issue that on rare occasions could render USB transfers incomplete, causing corrupted memory areas in the unit.

* Fixed an issue with the keyboard scanner that could produce incorrect, very strong velocities.

* Fixed an issue where the memory usage could be displayed incorrectly. This could cause the Manager to present a larger amount of free memory than there actually was in the Flash partitions. This issue could also cause failed downloads.

I'm wondering if this is what happened to your Electro.

Glad to see they're taking care of you!

Here for the gear.

Dear drawback

Apparently this is what happened. I don't really know and i'm waiting for some kind of solution from Clavia.

Thanx for the reminder - but i think i'll maybe have to send the board to Sweden... I just wish it's not too expensive to have it fixed.

And as the Murphy low indicates, these "rare occasions" happen when you got gig after gig and your instrument is your main board (that's why i bought both a Juno G and an Axiom 61, as i mentioned in another thread - i'm afraid it's gonna take some precious time until i fix my Electro)

Yannis

hey, even if you did a mistake, this same problem applies for the Electro 1 and 2 it seems...So you gave me a great deal of help. Thanx for the input

Y'know, I've read lots of very complimentary posts here at KC about how great Nord keyboards are, and I was looking forward to spending some time on one to see if I liked it. But do I understand correctly that it has to be sent overseas for repairs? There are no authorized service locations in the US? Honestly, I don't care how good Nord's sound; if that's the case, then I can't even consider it...

But do I understand correctly that it has to be sent overseas for repairs? There are no authorized service locations in the US? Honestly, I don't care how good Nord's sound; if that's the case, then I can't even consider it...

Happily, that's not the case. Support issues can be directed here or to your place of purchase to help you locate a local authorized service center in the US. Here's a recent post re a positive Nord support experience.

U1 | NP | NS3 | NE3 HP | K10

The info I provided in this thread about Nord & Fatar Keyboard Repair FAQ was originally provided by the tech support representative for Clavia Nord products in the US, Pablo Mastodon. His contact info can also be found on the site that I linked to.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Cnegrad i hope shipping to Sweden will be the last solution. It's not overseas, but it's still far away and expensive i'm afraid... I'm still waiting for some help through the greek Clavia distributor, though, before i put my hand deep in the pocket. And i hope my Electro will come to life soon - i just came from a gig with my Juno G and Axiom/Mainstage and i have one thing to say: i almost did the hole gig with the Mainstage. If you're used to the Electro's rhodes/hammond, Juno G sounds like a toy... :(

Joe i read carefully your post. Actually i send it to a friend of mine (Nord Stage owner) who has problems with his middle A (velocity is almost dead). It seems it's a common problem for many Nords.

Archived