Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is This Heaven

darc68

!!!!THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!!!!

I was looking thru CL and came across this. I had to post it for the forum. It`s basically Heaven for us KB players. The Store Location is New Jersey. Has anyone been to the place??

http://www.threewavemusic.com/

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Custom B-3 Chop w/ 145 Leslie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heaven if you like vintage synths and electro-mechanical keyboards.

When I see all those Wurli's, I think back to college at UMaine when they bought a bunch of early Casio's for the piano lab and put about 20 Wurli's in the hallway with a sign saying "Free."

I grabbed one for practice at home, but left it behind when I graduated. At that time, you couldn't GIVE one away. (mid-80's)

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Well maybe Heaven is a little dramatic but it`s atill amazing to see any place like this. I can remember when I would`ve killed for an Emulator so I could be just like Tony Banks. Just awsome to see such a collection of vintage KBs.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Custom B-3 Chop w/ 145 Leslie

Me too. Especially because a local store (that admittedly didn't have that many boards but regularly had Wurlies and Rhodeses) closed not long ago.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I don't think I've ever heard it suggested that heaven is in New Jersey. This is definitely a first. ;):cool:

Sven,

I see the wink, but despite it I think you have a kernel of opinion that I could change if you visited my house and we had a beer.

Paradise, man. :wave:

Regards,

Joe

Definitely depends on which part of New Jersey. ;)

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Didn't Sonny Corleone get shot in the toolbooth of the Jersey Turnpike? And don't 'Snookie' and 'The Situation' hail from those parts? Yeah, I'm not going.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I don't think I've ever heard it suggested that heaven is in New Jersey. This is definitely a first. ;):cool:

Sven,

I see the wink, but despite it I think you have a kernel of opinion that I could change if you visited my house and we had a beer.

Paradise, man. :wave:

Regards,

Joe

I was being facetious, Joe... but you'll have to overcome the New Jersey Devils, and the cast of The Jersey Shore to convince me. ;)

Beer definitely helps your side of the discussion, though. :thu::D

A college friend from Jersey used to say that they put all the crap by the highways to keep people from wanting to move there and spoiling the place. :D

It's true, there are some beautiful places in NJ, but nowhere near the Turnpike/I-95.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

It does look like KB player heaven. The perfect place to either detox and/or satisfy that vintage KB jones. The fact that it is located in NJ makes sense too. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Road trip, anyone ? (I'll pick you up as I head east :D ) Wow.... Viewing the store photo, and reading the instrument list was like experiencing my diagnosis and progression of early to mid-stage GAS all over again.

New Jersey ? Sure; why not ? Like everyplace else it's got a good side and an ugly side. Here in Colorado we've got the mountains, with hikes and views that are heaven. But you can't get out of a traffic ticket to save your life, and there's no real pan/deep dish pizza :cry:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I got excited at first when I saw it was in NJ... until I found out where in NJ. Kinda far from Lancaster, PA.

:(

Me, too. I'm going to Jersey in two weeks and got very excited, but I'll be at the complete other end of the state.

And btw, as a native New Jerseyan I can assure you that there are many, many beautiful places to go. OTOH, we always found it interesting that the bridge toll from Philly into Jersey was free, but you had to pay $2 to go the other way. $2 to leave Jersey? Money well spent. I'm allowed to make that joke. :)

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Didn't Sonny Corleone get shot in the toolbooth of the Jersey Turnpike?

Sonny was shot at the Long Beach Causeway tollbooth on Long Island.

My bad!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Hey Allen, east coast pizza is not deep dish..atsa Chicago...

I tend to judge a state by its beaches..Jersey has some nice ones..but they still got winter..for east coast I gotta pick Florida..although you cant find a decent pie there to save your life..or Sonny's either now that you mention it...

Hey Allen, east coast pizza is not deep dish..atsa Chicago...

I tend to judge a state by its beaches..Jersey has some nice ones..but they still got winter..for east coast I gotta pick Florida..although you cant find a decent pie there to save your life..or Sonny's either now that you mention it...

Yeah, you can, but it's at Pizzaria Uno, and it's Chicago style.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Archived