Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

met up with Davo

Phil W

Davo kindly dropped off a white squier jazz for me to play. It's a lovely bass, Japanese made and it was cool to hang out wit him for an hour or so. I gave him TShaka's DVD and Davo played my son's yamaha electronic kit as well as the Wal, the electric upright and the squier. His fabulous light, soft touch on the bass is an inspiration. I thought I'd lightened my touch but was pretty heavy handed in comparison.

We had some two bass jams and some bass and drum jams and poor Davo had to put up with flatwound strings for once. The squier is very easy to play and is a quite lovely piece of wood. I'm going to have to relearn how to play fretted bass again though.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That chap gets around. It was only two weeks ago that we met for a beer. Looks like a nice Bass (I saw the pics).

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

The bass is in fact a 1986 MIJ Fender Squier E-series.

It's a surprisingly decent bass considering it's $300 cost. Ideal for travelling.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

B E E R

That's a thought. Or

2 x B E E R

Davo

I too like that idea. Maybe sometime in August, September is a bit busy though

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

I assume Phil is off to the states at some stage. I'm around for the next few weeks.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Yeah true. i'm going away at the end of September to get married and then again in November for my honeymoon in Thailand that's why I said August, but early Sept is doable.

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

ooo er missus.

Congrats DMP. Are you getting married in Portugal?

Stag beer for bassplayers?

We can drink Bass, or Castlemain XXXX etc

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

Yeah getting married 2nd October in Madeira (Mara's birthplace), can't wait.

late August works well for me.

Archived