Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Chicago members

BP3

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAMN! As Kanker says, if the check clears, it's good. However, I dont advise coming to every gig I do as sometimes the only redeeming quality is.the check clears. :rolleyes:

My Pink Freud tribute will be playing a free show outdoors on Sunday afternoon/evening if youre still in town. PM and Ill let you in on the details.

T

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

The B52s are at Ravinia with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band (?WTF?) tomorrow nite (in northern burbs, but a very nice venue); Thursday American English (a pretty happening Beatles tribute, although Im more a fan of Pauls side band, a jazz quartet where he plays B3/pedals) is somewhere in Deerfield (also a northern burb)...Their keyboardist was a former Korg rep (might still be), and he extracts EVERY BIT OF JUICE out of whatever it is he plays, whether a Triton or whatever he plays these days. He does a fantastic job on all the orchestrations, and Billy Preston licks too! They have great vocals, cover all the periods, complete with costumes. Cool, if youre into that sort of thing. ; Natalie Merchant is at the Chicago Theatre. On Friday, are you ready? The TONY DANZA TAP DANCE EXTRAVAGANZA is never mind! Hall & Oates are at the Chicago Theatre; Huey Lewis & The News are at the Morton Arboretum (theyre really a great band live, and I hear this venue is niceits a floral nirvana normally); Lil Ed & The Blues Imperials are at BLUES on Halsted in Chicago; American English is at Montefiori in Lemont (a nice venue), and Joan Jett is at Chicago Ridge Fest (both of these are south suburbs); Ringo Starr and the All Starr Band are at the Venue in Hammond, Indiana (25-30 minutes away from the Loop, and the Taste of Lincoln Avenue is a great fest that runs on the north side of Chicago Saturday and Sunday. I would definitely recommend checking that out: 10-12 bands per day, lots of beautiful women, good food, people watching, and then youre close to anything you want to do Chicago-wise, whether going to Second City for comedy, any number of our premier blues clubs (Kingston Mines and Blues on Halsted, although I would steer you towards Rosas on Armitage).

Thursday Night, Fitzgeralds in Berwyn (a great small music venue with a very good side restaurant specializing in pseudo-cajun cuisine) is the Laurie Morvan band; I dont know of them personally, but their review of her makes her out to be a Susan Tedesci type, with a great band (they mention the keyboardist by name actually), and Im thinking of going to the late show there.

Thursday the Chicago Reader comes out (its free) and it has everything listed youll want to see over the weekend. If you cant find it, hit me with a PM on Thursday and Ill clue you in.

I will also recommend my fav food joints depending on where youll be. (Do you like Mexican!? Or BBQ or shrimp?)

T, just received my 08/2010 edition today. I thought, "Hey, I played that rig!" Congrats!

While not as pretty as your's, it was inspired your's and the suggestions I had for it. (It's so much easier to GIVE advice!) :laugh:

In line with TS's fine itinerary, Google TimeOut Chicago it will give the addresses and phone numbers. I see at Katerina's - 1920 Irving Park. Alfonso Ponticelli & Swing Gitan the ultimate Django tribiute at 10:00 pm Friday evening.

Archived