Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Solo Arrangements Audio Samples!

Stuart Clayton

Hi all,

As some of you know, I've been writing a book called Solo Arrangements for Electric Bass for the last couple of years. The book is now finished, and I have finally found the time to start recording the audio files to go with it. Two complete pieces have been uploaded for your listening pleasure - 'Shape of my Heart' (Sting) and 'The Genesis Medley' (Genesis)! To check them out, visit www.basslinepublishing.com and click on the advert for the book half way down the left hand side of the site.

The book should be out in September. The audio files will be available as a free download rather than included on a CD, so I may well upload more as I finish them.

Enjoy!

Stu

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hijack away...!

The Bass Player's Guide to Scales and Modes is pretty much exactly what it would appear. I decided to write it because as a teacher I found that students often approach scales in the wrong way - attempting to memorize a series of fretboard patterns, which they can then shove around the fretboard in order to play in a different key. I find this a very unmusical approach, so I decided to write a guide based on how I teach scales, which is to understand the content well enough to not need any patterns. Each scale and mode will also have some accompanying exercises to demonstrate the sound that it gives.

In other news, I have just uploaded two more audio tracks: 'The Simpsons' and 'Stuart Hamm Style Etude'. To download them, visit www.basslinepublishing.com and click on the advert for the Solo Arrangements book.

I hope you all like them - please let me know!

Best,

Stuart

Archived