Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who needs a house anyway?

PBBPaul

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmn, lots of use for photos and videos, but no mention of any tracks that it was played on...

Sharp looking old vintage LP in good condition, with some limited "celebrity" ownership/association (owned by Gary Moore from '91 to '94, less than three years); a vintage guitar collector's item for sure... but maybe so-so in its class as far as tone goes? I mean, for a vintage '58 LP, for a guitar in that price range...

For that kind of money, it should be one that he or any player-owner would have wanted to record with a lot!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

That's the problem Caevan. For that kind of money, the only person who will buy it is some collector who wants to say he has a '58 sunburst. Playing it isn't even a consideration. So that's a lot of money for a 50 year old piece of art to hang on the wall.

I'd probably ask for a price reduction because of the Gary Moore association. :eek::D

Really? That's funny! I kinda liked most of what I've heard from him; hadn't gone out of my way to buy his stuff or consider myself an out-and-out "fan", though. I always thought he had a nice legato "touch" for the type of rock stuff he's done; really haven't gotten around to properly checking out his latter-day blues forays...

Not arguing either way at all, just curious!

Really? That's funny! I kinda liked most of what I've heard from him; hadn't gone out of my way to buy his stuff or consider myself an out-and-out "fan", though. I always thought he had a nice legato "touch" for the type of rock stuff he's done; really haven't gotten around to properly checking out his latter-day blues forays...

I was recently slagging Moore on a different forum :D Explain this:

[video:youtube]

...that's a lot of money for a 50 year old piece of art to hang on the wall.

You mean "to lock in a temperature & humidity controlled fire-proof vault." You'll never see that guitar hanging on anyone's wall...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I am a "kinda" fan of Gary Moore. I say kinda because I have his album Victims of the Future which I really like. His cover of Shapes of Things I really like. Some pretty furious guitar playing. I've heard some of his blues stuff and it sounded pretty good but I haven't actually bought any of it.

I have two explanations for the video:

1. Not everybody can be Jeff Beck.

2. Cocaine is a helluva drug.

I couldn't even make it halfway through before turning it off.

Is that the "Peter Green " guitar ?

Nope:

1965-1990 owned by a well known guitarist from Athens Georgia.

1990-1991 owned by English author Richard Chapman.

1991-1994 owned by guitarist Gary Moore of Thin Lizzy.

1965-1990 owned by a well known guitarist from Athens Georgia.

1990-1991 owned by English author Richard Chapman.

1991-1994 owned by guitarist Gary Moore of Thin Lizzy.

For the asking price this guitar would have to have been Page's from the "Song Remains The Same" period. As it is, it's vintage, but with a not very notable track record. MAYBE worth $30,000 to $50,000 during a good economy.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

[video:youtube]

Wow, the '70 were something else weren't they?

Ask not what your guitar can do for you, rather ask you can do for your guitar without provoking a divorce or a visit from the police.

- with profound apologies to JFK

Yeah, Les Pauls suck!

Well they have their unique tone and lots of guys do very well with them. I have had 3 of them in the past. They are too heavy and upper fret access is limited, but they do have tone to die (for someone else than I) for.

Oh, yeah, I was just kiddin' around with ya, dbm; I love my LP, but I could enjoy using some other guits for different feels and tones and personalities.

Wow. Kinda surprised at the slammin of Gary Moore... especially with just one song done 30+ years ago as the example. I hope we all aren't judged by one of our worst performances... and hey, it was 78'.

Although not one of my all-time favorite guitarists, there is no denying the great talent and skill of Gary Moore.

And that LP is waaaay overpriced. Now maybe that Gold Top Gary used to play.... hmmmmmm?

SEHpicker

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

what was wrong with that Gary thing anyway?

You want me to alphabetize, or just go point to point? :D

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that style of music; the problem is that that is a glaringly bad example of the style.

To me, it sounds like a bunch of high school kids who have been playing pentatonic licks over I-IV-V progressions for two years, and somebody just showed them diatonic harmony. The melodies are simplistic and predictable. It's like children's music dressed up with a fog machine and light show.

Sonically the tones are atrocious. I know that's just a cheesy YouTube video, but I've heard the two albums recorded by that group, so I can tell you that video isn't an anomaly. :freak: Another aspect of unintentional comedy is seeing on video how self-satisfied everyone looks, as if they are playing their magnum opus of musical sophistication.

No accounting for taste, but like I say if you want instrumental rock, that's a bad example.

Archived