Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Wayman Tisdale

NYKeys

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I heard about this on the radio today. Sucks. Going to find some YouTube stuff of him playing bass. I remember him mostly as a basketball player of course. From all accounts he was a great guy.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Wow, I met him on an airplane from DFW to Tulsa in 2006. Just a great guy. Chatted the whole flight and ended up exchanging CDs. He had just released his CD a bit earlier......My prayers go out to his family!!!
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

As noted in my previous post, this is a sad story. That said, for a period of time last night, this was the featured story on the CNN.com home page. That surprised me. Was Wayman Tisdale more famous than I thought he was? Or was it just a slow news day?

Noah

Wow,

Really hit's home, all of us fortunate persons. Clearly someone who adored life, family and music. What else is there? God bless this guy. Even make you tear up a bit.

Regards,

Musicale

I never knew he was a musician. I mostly recall him kicking *** all over the Big 8 when he was at OU. Condolences.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

I never knew he was a musician. I mostly recall him kicking *** all over the Big 8 when he was at OU. Condolences.

You can hear his music at his website.

http://www.waymantisdale.com/

I purchased a couple of his CDs via Amazon last year -- "Way Up!" and "Hang Time". They have some really nice grooves on them.

You can hear even more samples at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Wayman-Tisdale/e/B000AQ2IGI

Archived