Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1457529 - 10/03/04 08:52 PM 3/4 /travel size acoustic guitars and cases
zachg Offline

Loc: Lawnguyland NY
do any companies make plane-worthy cases for 3/4 size guitars? i was looking at getting a yamaha 3/4 siz dreadnoght, then realized it nor any other smaller acoustics do not come with hardshell cases, which leaves out the idea of using them for travel!!!

are there any other good travel acoustics? i figured the washburn rover would sound crappy just as the martain backpackers do. this is why i figured i'd get a smaller normal shaped acoustic, but couldn't get the hard case.

any ideas?

are there custom case makers at reasonable prices?

GP Island
#1457530 - 10/03/04 11:04 PM Re: 3/4 /travel size acoustic guitars and cases
Dak Lander Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Temecula, LoCal, USA
Not sure about the 3/4 sized guitars but my Yamaha FG150 is a small body, I guess concert or parlor size though the shape is not like most parlors. It took me quite a few years to find a hardshell case that would fit it. I still have the original case. It's a thin plywood case with very scant lining. If you can't find a case to fit, let me know the dimensions. This one may work for you, with some added padding??? If so, you can have it for the cost of shipping it.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

#1457531 - 10/03/04 11:54 PM Re: 3/4 /travel size acoustic guitars and cases
zachg Offline

Loc: Lawnguyland NY
thanks a lot daklander, i think i'll get those demensions in the next week or so if i can get a hold of them.

zach

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose