Music Player Network

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: So what's your favourite guitar / amp/ effects combination? #1333486 02/05/01 11:19 PM
S
stanner Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
S
please dont take this wrong, but i hope you cant find a clean, fender sound on that thing or any other of those emulator/modeler amps/boxes or whatever they are-to hear that sound, to experience that feeling you have to go to the source-a good, preferably pre cbs or at least rivera era amplifier. it is a living, breathing thing of beauty! imho.

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER
GP Island
Re: So what's your favourite guitar / amp/ effects combination? #1333487 02/05/01 11:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reeeelax BK
Ta for the info........ now about bangers and mash. At the risk of pissing off some of my Amercan cousins, and yep I do have a load of family in the jolly old US of A, bangers and mash just has to be made with jolly old english pork made from our fine fat porkers fed on non artificial who nose what, Ya then have to lovingly peel and boil the Jersey potatoes and then smash the living crap outta them with butter and milk and a little of the potato water and then for the final touch u just gotta have someone who really KNOWS how to make gravy..... If u are ever in the UK drop round and try some!! As to boiling steaks, never this side of hell!!! Some of us brits still have some culinary skill you know.

Simon

Re: So what's your favourite guitar / amp/ effects combination? #1333488 02/06/01 12:10 AM
B
BK_dup2 Offline
B
Simon,

One of my best friends is a Brit, he and I constantly go back and forth with the hazing. He gets most of his material from my - as he would say dumb ass Git- Texas redneck hick accent. It's all good.

I will say fish and chips with vinegar is devine.

And to the comment made regarding not finding the perfect Fender clean on this Flextone. I will agree there is nothing "at least not yet" compared to the real thing. If this digital modeling things someday gets it nailed then great. But I just don't think it will ever be a breathing tube creature.

Cheers boys
BK

Re: So what's your favourite guitar / amp/ effects combination? #1333489 02/06/01 04:12 PM
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Les Paul through a Marshall Stack (or half stack)...Strat thru a Marshall Stack...Strat thru a Twin...

And yep, I love fish 'n' chips with malt vinegar, too. Haven't been to Merry Olde England, but there are some good places in Canada...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"
Re: So what's your favourite guitar / amp/ effects combination? #1333490 02/06/01 07:17 PM
M
mrhappy_dup1 Offline
M
Use a lot of different combinations but the 63' Strat and 59'Bassman seem to really enjoy each others company!

------------------

MH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bluesape, myles_rose