Print Thread
Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286690 06/07/06 06:56 PM
Stephen Fortner Offline OP
But who is number 1 ? ...
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
But who is number 1 ? ...
MP Hall of Fame Member
I spoke to Craig about this a few days ago, and had planned to keep it under my hat for awhile, but since the official press release has gone out, and Gary Garritan posted it over on HC, I figured it could do no harm here. See below...

<>

CRAIG ANDERTON NAMED EXECUTIVE EDITOR OF EQ

Leading Recording Magazine Revamps Editorial Team

SAN MATEO, CA (JUNE 5, 2006) -- EQ magazine, part of the Music Player Network, has announced that recording industry legend Craig Anderton has been appointed consulting Executive Editor of EQ magazine.

Anderton has been a contributor to EQ since the magazine’s inception, and will now help guide the publication’s overall vision and content in concert with EQ’s existing staff, which includes: Vicki Hartung, Publisher; Michael Molenda, Editorial Director; Matt Harper, Assistant Editor; Debbie Greenberg, Managing Editor; and Doug Gordon, Art Director; following the departure of Eugene Robinson.

“Obviously, we’re thrilled to have such a well-respected and inspirational editorial force in place at EQ,” says MPN Group Publisher Vicki Hartung. “Craig’s reputation speaks for itself. He’s credible, he knows technology, he embraces all recording communities, and he always has his eyes on the future.”

Anderton has played Carnegie Hall, been involved with dozens of major label releases as a musician, producer, or engineer, and guests on guitar with the European-based groups Rei$$dorf Force and Air Liquide. He has written several books—including the classic Home Recording for Musicians—as well as thousands of articles. Anderton has also given seminars on technology and the arts in 37 states, 10 countries, and three languages. He has been involved with Guitar Player and Keyboard magazines since the mid ’70s, and started contributing to EQ magazine in 1991. For the past few years, Anderton has acted as Editor-at-Large for EQ and Keyboard, and contributes regularly to Pro Sound News, Performing Songwriter, Sound on Sound (UK), and Sound+Recording (Germany). Currently, he's also Editor-in-Chief for harmonycentral.com.

“We have an extremely dedicated and talented team assembled here—from editorial to sales—as well as some stellar freelancers,” says Anderton. “These are exciting times, and we all want EQ to reflect that excitement. We plan to re-invent the concept of a publication about recording, while building a community of engineers, musicians, and manufacturers that can help each other make better recordings and ultimately, better music."

<>

To field a question I know a lot of you will have, Craig's Sound, Studio, and Stage forum will be remaining at Harmony Central. But the opportunities for collaboration between HC and MPN (Music Player Network - that's us: KB, EQ, Guitar Player, Bass Player, etc) are unprecedented.

We couldn't be more thrilled to have Craig at the helm of EQ, and since Craig and Ernie go back a long way, it'll also get a lot easier to co-ordinate Keyboard and EQ's content and schedules.

Welcome home, Craig !!!

"I'm just a confused musician who got sidetracked into this damned word business..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Stephen Fortner
Principal, Fortner Media
Senior Editor, Music Player Network
Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine
Content Creator and Behind-the-Scenes Writing Wonk, Damned Near Everyone
KC Island
Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286691 06/08/06 03:53 AM
D
Dan South Offline
10k Club
10k Club
D
Congrats to Craig!

Wishing great success to one of the nicest and most brilliant gentlemen on the planet!!

The Black Knight always triumphs!
Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286692 06/08/06 03:57 AM
steadyb Offline
Go Lakers!!!
10k Club
Go Lakers!!!
10k Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan South:
Wishing great success to one of the nicest and most brilliant gentlemen on the planet!!
Thanks Dan!!! I am humbled by your kind words. (I think you're pretty cool too.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan South:
Congrats to Craig!
...and let me also offer congratulations to Craig!!!

Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286693 06/08/06 03:58 AM
Dave Bryce Offline
4x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
4x KCFFL Champ
20k Club
;\)

dB

Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286694 06/08/06 04:35 AM
Geoff Grace Offline
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
Congratulations again , Craig!

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article
Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286695 06/08/06 08:28 AM
David Holloway Offline
10k Club
10k Club
It's absolutely good news

Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286696 06/08/06 08:59 AM
Markyboard Offline
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Zang!

Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286697 06/08/06 04:41 PM
BluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho
NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT
www.steveowensandsummertime.com
www.jimmyweaver.com
Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286698 06/09/06 08:56 PM
Philip O'Keefe Offline
10k Club
10k Club
Congrats Craig!

Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286699 06/10/06 03:13 AM
ITGITC? Offline
Grand Poobah of Posting
10k Club
Grand Poobah of Posting
10k Club
Excellent.

Is There Gas In The Car?

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.� - Victor Hugo
Re: Craig Anderton returns to EQ magazine #1286700 06/11/06 10:07 PM
Anderton Online Content
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Online Content
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Steve pretty much nailed it, there are a lot of options open now that weren't open before, and working with Ernie is always a dream. But I'm not returning to EQ...I never left. I'm just in more of a consulting position now regarding the direction of the magazine, and I will of course be depending on feedback from all concerned to deliver something cool \:\)

I should also add that this will not diminish my involvement with Harmony Central at all. I'm very comfortable and happy doing what I do there, but it's not print...and while CMP is doing the web thing, it's very different from what's planned for HC going forward. So basically, I'm a very lucky guy: I get to work with cool print people, cool web people, and look for areas where the two can work together for the benefit of everyone concerned.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner