Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

God damn hair stylists

Zephyr

Today is the day that i have to go get a trim on my long hair so my school won't give me a m problem. It's really not a problem, i tell her to reduce it by about a half-inch.

When all is said and done, i come out of there looking like a lesbian, not just any lesbian, an Ellen Degeneres lesbian. My hair isnt long anymore, it's short. And worst of all i look like a CROSS-DRESSING lesbian. and school starts in a week. I am super-pi$$ednow. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=810593

http://www.myspace.com/dandelavega

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to laugh at your expense Zephyr but thats the funniest story I have heard all week. Yeah, hairstylists/barbers aren't the swiftness bunch these days. My last haircut the effeminent little guy asked me if I wanted for him to clean up my sideburns (I have a full beard), I said sure trim it a bit. He proceeds to shave off a half inch gap between my hair and sideburns, it grew back in a week but I looked like a nimrod for a couple of days.

Originally posted by Zephyr:

When all is said and done, i come out of there looking like a lesbian, not just any lesbian, an Ellen Degeneres lesbian.

So...you now look like Eric Johnson? :eek::D

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Originally posted by GuitarPlayerSoCal:

When all is said and done, i come out of there looking like a lesbian, not just any lesbian, an Ellen Degeneres lesbian.

Oh man this is getting funny!! :D

That sux though Zephyr that you got the usual hairstylist treatment where they seem to think that they're getting paid by how much more they cut off than you wanted them to. :mad:

Sounds like your evil baberette was tryin to get rich. :eek:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I lost my hair at 20 in 1970. My now wife convinced me in 1971 to cut off the long hair I had remaining. Do you know what guys got the short hair look in 1971? Now, I cut it myself and look the same except for all these dam wrinkles! Now guys with 2 earings cut their hair short! The upside is you don't spend a lot on hair care products, which leaves more money for GAS!!!!! Besides. I bet your cute as hell with the poofy thing!

ARGH... I feel your pain. Usually, I have my mum work on my hair, but I think I'll study a self cutting method that might work for me. I have enough length to mess with, so I think I'll give it a go soon. Some of my ends are getting a bit nasty looking, though I love the length now. I look like a death metal dude at the moment, minus the tats and piercings. :D

If anyone's interested, the self cutting methods are here: http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/

Note that the pics are small... the lovely author hasn't gotten around to enlarging the photos, though I did see them in better detail someplace else.

Sorry to hear it, Zephyr.

It's been 14 or 15 years since a stylist butchered my long hair into what can only be described as Darth Vader helmet hair (sans the face covering). My wife (then girlfriend) cried. She loved my hair long and I had to cut more to lose the nasty looking thing on my head. That's not a joke.

Last year or the year before I used my moustache trimmer to shave my head down to just about nothing. Looked good, used a dot of shampoo in showers and was easy to maintain. (I haven't had a professional haircut in over 2 years. Before the big buzz I was shaving the sides and let the top grow a bit.) But my wife likes my large ring curls and I was just in Fiddler On The Roof, so I let it grow again along with my beard. I trimmed the beard but let the hair stay.

I suggest you recut your hair to something you like, even if it means making your hair even shorter.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

My wife will be losing her hair soon and is understandably upset about it.

I told her, I'd shave my head if that would make her feel better.

She said... if I have to look at your ugly mellon while I'm going through this, I'll get even more sick. :D

Gotta have a sense of humor. :D

It's not all bad as long as i avoid public places for as long as possible.

However, it's losing my best pysical quality. All the s i know love it. Damn catholic schools... :mad:

Anyway i kinda used to do some Ellen type dances before i lost it. Though it involved headbanging and an occasional duck walk. :thu:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by Hairfarmer:

A cross dressing lesbian huh? That must be one hell of a confused individual.

One word...Mohawk! :D

Yeah, but it describes how i look now really well.

A lesbian, who cross dresses to look like a man.

I should just buy a wig.

Originally posted by GuitarPlayerSoCal:

Funniest thing Ive heard all day. Lmao. :D:D:D

Originally posted by Hard Tail:

My wife will be losing her hair soon and is understandably upset about it.

I told her, I'd shave my head if that would make her feel better.

She said... if I have to look at your ugly mellon while I'm going through this, I'll get even more sick. :D

Gotta have a sense of humor. :D

Get her a decent wig, even if she says she doesn't want one. The oncologists office can help point you in the right direction toward finding a good, natural looking one.

Here's something interesting, her hair may not grow back the same after chemo as it was before it. Straight hair can come in curly, it can be a different color or texture. The good thing is it begins to grow back almost immediately after chemo is stopped.

Hardtail, I know that cancer is a very serious business. I can only offer hope, the medical community has come a long way in the last few years. A women that I worked with had an aggressive form of breast cancer and she went the full treatment including a mastectomy. She is my age or so 46-47. This was a couple of years ago. Her treatment went well and god willing she has a clean bill of health now. She was single when all this happened and has since then found a nice guy and gotten married (for the first time). Just perservere and always have a positive attitude and I think things have a great chance of working out fine. I am not religeous per say any more but I offer my prayers to you and your wife.

She had to wear a wig for several months during chemo but now has grown her hair back. It was a bit grey at first but a little dye and some styling and she looks fine now. I know women are very particular about their looks, but the most important thing is life and the people that you love.

My mother had to get a wig when she went through chemo, it was an interesting process because the wig shop guys did a lot of work and research and then came up with something that really did look a lot like her natural hair.

Going back to the hairdresser thing, I avoid them like the plague. When it comes to cutting hair, I'm an arch conservative. I prefer the old style barbershops and won't go near those newfangled new places. :P After all, I'm only lookign for a short back and sides so why bother with all the other fripperies?

Hair is highly overrated, unless of course you still have it :D

We need pics to fully understand your dilema, or at least have a chuckle :P;)

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

Archived