Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This guy knows how to wham the bar!

AeroG33k

On the last tremolo topic, some people wondered about songs and solos that required the bar...this guy is proof positive!

Some really cool effects:

This, along with Petrucci, has to be the most melodic shred I've heard yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KL78ufx2Yw

-Andy

"I know we all can't stay here forever so I want to write my words on the face of today...and they'll paint it"

-Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool effects on that first one. Dragonforce is definitely not my style (Steve Vai is as far as I go, and sometimes he's too much) but I respect it. They can play wicked fast. TOO fast for me.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

I'm not sure if you'd call Shawn Lane "melodic shred"...but he sort of was, and he was way beyond both those dudes.

The video of thier solo sounds weird...like it's been sped up (althought I'm sure it hasn't been).

You are what you listen to

Cool Dimebag Darell clip. Someone told me recently they thought he was the rock guitarist of the nineties (for me it is Ty Tabor). I have been listening to some of his stuff, he was a cool metal player. Kind of reminds me a little of George Lynch on his lead style, but more polished. I think he has a cool tone for metal. It surprising how good it sounds being solid state.

His rythm style for metal has influenced alot of players apparently. Too bad some asshole killed him. Seemed like a cool dude.

Originally posted by flagshipmile:

Cool Dimebag Darell clip. Someone told me recently they thought he was the rock guitarist of the nineties (for me it is Ty Tabor). I have been listening to some of his stuff, he was a cool metal player. Kind of reminds me a little of George Lynch on his lead style, but more polished. I think he has a cool tone for metal. It surprising how good it sounds being solid state.

His rythm style for metal has influenced alot of players apparently. Too bad some asshole killed him. Seemed like a cool dude.

I concure! I missed him when he was alive. I got old and didn't like to listen to metal as much. He is a great player.

Archived