Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cakewalk 4.0 Home Edition

Hardtail

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ellwood,

On the SONAR demo, I clicked "import" which is under the "file" menu (I think). I was able to import an MP3 (that I had ripped from a CD) into one track.

Then, I created another track and set my mic to that one.

I set that track for record, left the other one alone, recorded... and jammed.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=797472

Hardtail...check out this thread...I've been doing alot of research on this program and I just ordered it... Below is a good forum...although sometimes they're a little slow getting back, but they seem to know their stuff... Let me know what you think...

Billy

http://forum.cakewalk.com/default.asp

Originally posted by ellwood:

HOLY TOLEDO!! I just read the entire discussion on is USB2 or Firewire better for data transfer in recording! If USB2 is is not bidirectional and if Firewire is, anyway I STILL don't know the answer!! I mean WHAT IS the correct answer? anybody here know?

It confused me too. I'm just going to get it and learn as I go.

USB2 and Firewire will work fine... Obviously a PCI eliminates the middle man so to speak but if you're just layin' down tracks and not trying to produce a demo CD, (although I've read you can do a damn good job on one) this is the unit to use without getting a second mortgage.

Hardtail...use that forum link I sent you ... especially the 'Home Studio' one... sometimes those guys dissagree but most of them are techies and techies are a different breed of animal. Personnaly I find THIS forum a great friendly family.

Keep us informed and I will let you know how mine is coming along....

Billy

Archived