Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dylan's "Love and Theft"

Just got this album - the first in many years to get a five star review in Rolling Stone. These songs will be covered and around a long time. Once again, Dylan shows mastery and compression of lyrics "I've been in trouble since I set my suitcase down." I saw him here last summer and he did songs from as far back as his first album (Song for Woody) to the present. I played a couple of tracks for my band, but they were nor as impressed as I, and that's OK, Bob's voice sometimes delivers like the ragged cars the pizza guys drive, but the message sure is tasty. I thought Rolling Stone had sold out when they devoted time and space to reviews of Ja Rule, Eminem and Ludichris, as in all the $tuff that $ells must be good mu$ic. Maybe Bob has painted his masterpiece.

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, "Love and theft" is a real masterpiece. I think the last one was very good, and now this! And it keeps getting better each listen. True bliss. My only real complaint is regarding the liner notes, or perhaps should I say lack of liner notes? Way too minimalistic for my taste, had they been just a little more elaborate it would have been very nice thank you very much sir Bob. /Mats [ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: mats.olsson@rockfile.se ]

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Archived