Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fretboard markers

Jim Soloway

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they'd look go on an LP Ultima or something. Maybe a high-end archtop. Not on a Strat or something though.

Jim -

Try adding abalone binding around a black or dark red body like on a Schecter C-1 Elite. Then I don't think they'd look too flashy for your Swans.

Shut up and play.

Well, you're talking about using them on your baritones, right?

I'm having a hard time reconciling the two images together; the inlays, and your bari's, that is.

If I were ordering one, I'd ether go with no inlays whatsoever (mayebe sidedots, though), or just nice pearl or abalone dots.

Just my two-cents!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan O'Shite:

Well, you're talking about using them on your baritones, right?

I'm having a hard time reconciling the two images together; the inlays, and your bari's, that is.

If I were ordering one, I'd ether go with no inlays whatsoever (mayebe sidedots, though), or just nice pearl or abalone dots.

Just my two-cents!

Just to clarrify, they are long scale guitars (27"), but they're not baritones. They're design specifically to be able to be tuned to standard pitch.

And yes, they'll go on one of mine. I'm doing a few guitars right now that are much more elaborate: exotic tops, binding & purfling. The necks are actually built with no inlays and we add them at the very end, hopefully after an order has been taked and the customer specifies what they want. But these are going to go on one with a ot of flash: mother of toilet seat binding and heringbone purfling. I don't know if it will be one of the 6 strings that's being buit to sell or the 7 string that we're building for me. That will depend on how people respond.

Jim, I think, on one of your axes those inlays will look great with the right fingerboard material, hardware, and, I think, a very high gloss finish. Along with that you might have to add something in the same vein to the headstock. As nice as your logo is I'm not sure if it will fit with those inlays. 'Course you could do your logo in it's original style but in that same material.

Lotta flash there in any case. :thu:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Royal JAZZ! These would look great on a big semi or hollow picker. On ebony with a complementary matching crown affair headstock plate, binding to boot and might even pull your eyes away from Diana Krall on stage.

How'd Elvis manage that snag?

nice stuff.

? What's your inlay routing setup?

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Archived