12/05/00 01:26 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi,

As a longtime Digital Performer and ACID user I have longed for better integration between these two programs.

Phrazer (by Bitheadz) seemed to be the answer to my prayers... until I tried it.

Besides getting MAS to work right, I'm having all sorts of issues. The loops don't seem to sync up quite right sometimes. For the life of me I can't figure out how to loop just a few bars of my song. And the loop I do get (which seems permanently set at bars 1-8) is not seamless, there's a hiccup before going back to bar 1.

It just doesn't SOUND as slick as ACID. The algorithms used for the time compression/expansion... sound more Recycle-y to me, a little too choppy. You have different modes of time shifting available for each sample, but the most ACIDlike one seems to result in a mono sound.

Argh.

Anyone else trying Phrazer that can help me or comiserate with me?

- Chris Beck

KC Island
Re: Phrustrated (Phrazer) #1041093
12/14/00 11:25 PM
12/14/00 11:25 PM
Anderton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Anderton  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I just got a copy. No, it's not as slick as ACID, but what is?

<>

You need to make sure to enter the original tempo, that's very important. Some of the things that ACID does when it "acidizes" a file we take for granted. With Phrazer, it seems this needs to be done manually.

>>The loop I do get (which seems permanently set at bars 1-8) is not seamless, there's a hiccup before going back to bar 1.<<

Yes, this is my biggest problem with the program. I had hoped to use it live, and just put in a bunch of 16-bar loops, and repeat while remixing. But now it seems I'll need to have the loops last the length of the tune. Not a big deal, since increasing their lenghth doesn't use up more disk space, but I was hoping for something more seamless.

Bear in mind this is a 1.0 release, and Bitheadz is very responsive to customer requests. Send 'em a polite email and let them know what you think, who knows what will happen with V1.1?

It just doesn't SOUND as slick as ACID. The algorithms used for the time compression/expansion... sound more Recycle-y to me, a little too choppy. You have different modes of time shifting available for each sample, but the most ACIDlike one seems to result in a mono sound.
<<

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner