Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1039779 - 03/08/06 05:06 PM "Professional" studio CD players
Squaysh Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Hello everyone. I am in the market for a CD player for my rack. I am currently using my computer to listen to CD's and it is not working out. Reason being because all the noise that my CD drive makes while playing back a CD is very distracting and is unacceptable (I use a Powerbook so the additional noise Im hearing is essentially under my monitors). I have made a habit of uploading music at full quality onto my computer when I want to listen to it to prevent drive noise, which has become a hassle. So, I am asking for your advice. Id like a decent quality CD player for my rack. Id like to cut my budget off at around $300. Id simply like a good quality player that will no bells and whistles. I got advice today that for my price range, a DVD player would work better for my needs being that they are fitted with better converters. How would you all respond to this? I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanx,
-wes-

#1039780 - 03/08/06 06:25 PM Re: "Professional" studio CD players
alfonso Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Fregene, Italy.
I can't suggest anything new, but regarding the dvd vs. cd player converters I'd bet that a $300 cd player is much better than a $150 dvd player. Good CD players have optical spdif out too, that's important in a studio setup, you could use the same converters of your daw.