Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

old rackmount delay units

SF audio

I'm cruising ebay looking for a good digital delay to use for guitar FX while mixing. I see all kinds of stuff - delta labs effectrons, roland SD1000, Ibanez stuff, etc...Most of this stuff is around $100 to $150. Can I get something good (meaning clean and not TOO noisy) for this price? Is there a consensus "standard" for a good rackmount delay? I guess that might be the lexicon PCM 42, but that's in another league of course....
The thoughts expressed in this post are the opinions of SF audio and MAY be used or misquoted anywhere you want, either in print,on the internet, or on the bathroom walls....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've owned an Ibanez HD-1500 for about 16 years. I would NOT recommend it. If you can pick one up for under $50 it might make a nice box to mess with, but it is not quiet or pristine sounding. It utilizes a doubler circuit for longer delay times which limits the freq. response. The best you can say about it is it sounds more like an analog delay at the 2x and 4x settings. The longest delay is 512ms. Not very long at all.

In this range, stick to the Lexicon. You'll be much happier.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived