Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My wedding present from Nazareth PA

rog951

Well, we found it. It's a Martin D-42K2. Flamey Koa top, back and sides. Vintage 2000. ;) Used, but practically mint. And it's well-adorned enough to be considered an "heirloom" but not quite as showy as most of the D-45s I saw. I'm really, REALLY happy. AND, I get to keep the girl too!! :love:

Problem is, it's coming via UPS with a 48 hour approval. I played a D-42 and a D-42K but I wasn't able to find a D-42K2 locally to try. The difference is all the ones I played have a spruce top where mine will be Koa. Anybody out there familiar with this model enough to give me some idea of how the different top will affect the way it sounds? If it comes and I don't like it for some reason, it's going right back! BUT, I think I'll like it just fine. It's gorgeous.

None more black.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You... lucky... BASTARD! :D I saw "Nazareth" and was jealous... I saw K2 and now am insisting that you adopt me. Seventeen year old, hard worker, very good cook, experienced with electronics, car engines, computers and I've got good gear to share. Whaddya say? ;) Good luck and congrats with the gal and the guit-box.

Originally posted by Wickerman:

You... lucky... BASTARD! :D I saw "Nazareth" and was jealous... I saw K2 and now am insisting that you adopt me. Seventeen year old, hard worker, very good cook, experienced with electronics, car engines, computers and I've got good gear to share. Whaddya say? ;) Good luck and congrats with the gal and the guit-box.

Well, what's one more mouth to feed?! Tell you what: send your equipment list, along with the completed application, and we'll get back to you ASAP! ;) Thanks for the kind words!
None more black.

Koa is such a beautiful wood! very dramatic

some of the Taylor's have nice Koa ... I played one, but not long enough to get a good ideaa of the tone

koas also have that history of the Weissenborns going for them

enjoy ... I've had my D28 almost 30 years, and it's in great shape - well, at least cosmetically - it could actually use some warranty work

"music heals"

Archived