Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What about REVEREND guitars?

astukas

hi guys!

have you tried the REVEREND guitars? are the guitars with a surf look and "vintage oriented" sound for low prices.

I've a REAL '67 tele , but i try one REVEREND a week ago and i think is not too bad!!

I' ve play this gear for only 10 minutes in the guitar shop, but impression is good! Very very better than the new fender or gibson. Also in the architecture and in neck playability.

What do you think about?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I play an Reverend Avenger and love it! I picked it up used on e-Bay for very cheap. I love how light weight the body is, and the neck is very comfortable. I am also not a fan of the standard strat-style tremelo (I always block it), so the fixed bridge on the Avenger is a welcome feature of this guitar. The other guitar player in my band plays a Slingshot that is also very sweet!

I like the looks. Never heard the sound, but wanted to get some sort of sponsorship out of them because of the name. Thought it would be cool. Maybe I'll buy one anyway if you guys say they are really nice. I'll wait for a few more posts to get a good general consensus.

RockNRev

"Are You Listening?"

The only thing I know about them is they once had an ad with Kid Schlock slinging one over his shoulder while giving the camera the finger(Oh! How original!).

It's good to actually hear something about them.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I`ve got a "slingshot" and consider it one of the best purchases i`ve made for the price.Right off the shelf it was set-up well,stays in tune great,and has a great spanking,"alive" sound.Even has a capacitor on the volume so it stays bright when you lower the volume-believe me they don`t just look good! Arch

I've ownder 3 Strat's before the Reverend and I truly believe that my Rev beats all of them hands down on tone, initial setup, intonation, and playability. I also love how light weight their guitars are. It makes playing long shows a lot easier and less painfull. Check the reviews on harmonycentral if you have any doubt.

Never seen a Killer live before but I remember a cool ad for them years ago with Akira Takasaki from Loudness. He was done up in a Kubuki getup holding one.

Loudness were awesome until they ditched the Japanese singer for an American guy.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Made about half an hour from me. :D

I played a used Avenger TL (telcaster bridge p/up, strat middle and neck) at Elderly here in Michigan a while back. VERY nice! Blue metal top with flames... It was REALLY light (apearantly it's very, VERY hollowed) It was very "piano like" Sounded great. Very clear, warm but a little twangy. I liked.

yes, i know manne guitars; they sound very little little like an ibanez but consctruction is'nt too bad. Probably , if you have a charvel-jackson guitar,you like the sound of manne guitars. The sound is like Frank Gambale in the fusion era with chick corea electric band.

I don't love that sound and that guitars, but it's my opinion, you could be like it.

Hope i help you, bye

Originally posted by skip:

Hi Astukas-

I have a question. Do you know anything about Manne guitars, or Storm guitar labs, from Italy? they look interesting, saw them on a website.

BTW, I play a Charvel electric, Seagull acoustic, and a Killer electric from Japan. You can have a look at www.killerguitar.com mine is the KG-scary.

The new guitar player magazine has a full review of the reverend slingshot and gives it the "editors chioce" award-so there`s something you might want to read for the full review! Arch [p.s. my other main guitar is a gibson sg and i also have a home made thing with a strat style body and p-90`s in it..]

Archived