Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#1003500 - 01/10/07 08:44 PM Beatles "Love" - Ooh - A-ah...
AudioMaverick Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Outskirts of Big Bear, CA,UNIT...
I had to take a few minutes to hop in and say that I bought the remix CD/DVD set, yesterday. I am not a "purist" to the point that I didn't like the re-arranged instrument tracks. It did spark blips of confusion when I'd hear instruments from one song entwined in another song. But, I did enjoy listening to the entire CD on the way home.

Then, I popped the DVD into home theater and selected DTS… That is where the Ooh – a-ah came in! I turned on enhanced 6.1 and became engulfed in a multi-speaker fest of enchanting Beatles music. Can you tell I am not one of those how has come to not like the Beatles?

Circuit City has it on sale through Saturday, the 13th. Then, the set goes from $17 to $21… still a good deal. I didn’t opt for the $1 insurance. I kind of wish I had. One little mishap, and I have a nasty nick about 20 minutes into the CD… ouch! Maybe, I can PCM stream the stereo output on the DVD…

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

#1003501 - 01/12/07 06:39 AM Re: Beatles "Love" - Ooh - A-ah...
Neil Wilkes Offline
Gold Member

Loc: London, UK
AudioMaverick.

It's great, isn't it!!
The rumour mill suggests there may be some more like this in the offing, perhaps the remastered back catalogue.....in CD/DVD-A.
Wouldn't it be nice? (Oops, that's the Beach Boys, isn't it!)

#1003502 - 01/21/07 03:20 PM Re: Beatles "Love" - Ooh - A-ah...
blas Offline
Gold Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO. USA
Jim And Neil, You guys now have me frothing-at-the-mouth to get it! Since my dear wife gave me a gift card at the chain bookstore, guess what disc I'll be purchasing?

Great news to hear, in this world of slim-pickin's!!

Joe

#1698970 - 02/07/07 10:41 AM Re: Beatles "Love" - Ooh - A-ah... [Re: blas]
Neil Wilkes Offline
Gold Member

There is a new Steven Wilson release soon - No-Man "Together We're Stranger" on CD/DVD-A double pack.
Additionally, the new Porcupine Tree album, "Fear Of A Blank Planet" will also be out in April, on CD/DVD, with a deluxe DVD-A/V standalone edition to follow a couple of months later on.

The surround mixes on both of these are superb.

#1705481 - 02/20/07 05:49 PM Re: Beatles "Love" - Ooh - A-ah... [Re: Neil Wilkes]
blas Offline
Gold Member

Okay guys....IT'S KILLER!!!!!!!!! What a way to enjoy the Beatles, esp. when they did the cross mixing stuff!! It was like hearing new materail from them!
WOW!!!

Joe

#1707627 - 02/24/07 04:34 PM Re: Beatles "Love" - Ooh - A-ah... [Re: blas]
AudioMaverick Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Outskirts of Big Bear, CA,UNIT...
How is the DVD-A in your studio? \:P

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

#1710377 - 03/01/07 04:49 PM Re: Beatles "Love" - Ooh - A-ah... [Re: AudioMaverick]
blas Offline
Gold Member

Well believe it or not...I actually DON'T have a DVD-A unit at the studio! In my Firebird, it's DVD-A, and my home theater (which I use Roland DS-90's as my monitor system) is a SACD unit. Anything in the Control Room has to come from within our own production!!
Crazy, huh?

Joe

#1721941 - 03/23/07 11:34 AM Re: Beatles "Love" - Ooh - A-ah... [Re: AudioMaverick]
Neil Wilkes Offline
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: AudioMaverick
How is the DVD-A in your studio? \:P

Luverley.
Abso-lutely lovely.
George & Giles have done a great job, and I wish they would get on with the rest of the original catalogue in the same format.