Lately I've been really entertained watching reaction videos. For those of you who are not familiar, usually it's something like kids or people who only listen to a particular genre, listening to something for the first time. For instance, some hip hop guys listening to Rush, or little kids listening to Led Zeppelin, etc. They record the video as they hear it for the first time, and sometimes the reactions are really funny. Usually they'll pause throughout to talk about it. I'm not really sure exactly why I am so entertained by these, but I think here's why:

All of us want other people to appreciate the music we love as much as we do. I think for most of us, discovering some of these songs was exciting. To see somebody else discovering for the first time kind of brings back that feeling. Of course there are humorous moments as well, like when a little kid says something funny about a song.

Anybody else enjoy watching reaction videos?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.