I might be up and running in a week or three with a new DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). I bought a new laptop the other day and I am going to start using my Dell desktop as a DAW. I am still all set up in my shed for DAW work, all I need to do is configure Windows 10 for DAW work. I want to keep it off of the internet, so I can shut off Windows Defender, and keep Windows from downloading updates. I have to figure a way to do that. I also want to get rid of Cortana and Windows Edge somehow. Once I am off of the web with that computer I can disable those two. (Google is my friend) I read of a way to do that, so once I have the laptop up and running, I can delete most of the stuff off of the desktop, and have at it. The desktop is an Intel I-5 with plenty of RAM with a solid state hard drive and I have a few external drives one of which is also Solid State. So it should work well.

Does anyone know of a way to force delete windows folders like Cortana and Edge? I have read of ways to disable them by changing the folder addresses, but bagging them up and trashing them would be even better.

dbm
If it sounds good, it is good !!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=143231&content=music
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick