Originally Posted By: Jazzmammal
Maybe there's not very many there this year? I know I can't go any more, it's just too much. I can get a pass any time I want but man, three years ago it was so crowded, noisy, couldn't get to see things I wanted to see, the Kurz area had people lined up 10 deep and when I finally got to play one, the headphones sucked. I never got a chance to play the Hammonds, too many people. There was nowhere to sit to take a break. I had to slip into a manufacturers conference area and listen to the future of something I could care less about just to sit for a few minutes.

Oh yeah, and the parking, what a mess. At least Disnyland has the shuttles to pick you up and get you to the main entrance. And the waiting in line just to get up to the window, validate the pass and get into the place.

Not doing that again.

Bob

It was #32 for me by my count. and I've said in the past- "that will be my last".

But after this year, I really can't see any reason for going back. Even the three Faziolis I played were super bright and out of tune. All the other pianos sounded and played like crap.

You think the noise level was bad three years ago ?!....bwhaaa !! Those were the glory years ! rolleyes

All the booths and exhibit areas keep shrinking every year. There's less keyboards to play with worse headphones every year. The Nord and Kurz spaces were a joke ! People lined up five deep to play an Electro. Really ?!

You need an "appointment" to get into play the premium Yamhas and Bosendorfers. It used to be a separate room down the hall at the Marriott. This year it was a makeshift isolated booth, I'd say 200 sq. ', inside the main ballroom. I peered in and spotted maybe three or four pianos scrunched in there. The side room in the past had at least a dozen ! Every Yamaha and Bosendorfer size.

Too crowded, too loud, too stupid ! buh bye. wave