Originally Posted By: Jazzmammal
Maybe there's not very many there this year? I know I can't go any more, it's just too much. I can get a pass any time I want but man, three years ago it was so crowded, noisy, couldn't get to see things I wanted to see, the Kurz area had people lined up 10 deep and when I finally got to play one, the headphones sucked. I never got a chance to play the Hammonds, too many people. There was nowhere to sit to take a break. I had to slip into a manufacturers conference area and listen to the future of something I could care less about just to sit for a few minutes.

Oh yeah, and the parking, what a mess. At least Disnyland has the shuttles to pick you up and get you to the main entrance. And the waiting in line just to get up to the window, validate the pass and get into the place.

Not doing that again.

Bob

That's right. Some of these guys never been to the show or don't have any recent personal experience. They think you can just walk up to gears anytime, and do all kinds of testing and come up with personal hands on stories just like that. It takes only one person....just one person to block access to a piece of gear for an extended amount of time. Unless you have a "media pass", you wouldn't even be able to take a good still picture of something.

There were broken headphones on multiple keyboards. Some didn't even have a headphone. They just had a set of speakers for multiple devices. The piano section is generally quiet. Even there you can't really focus on details, because again some guy is practicing his C major skills on another piano 6 feet away.

With a media pass, you CAN do a lot more than just taking a video from a presentation. You can spend more quality time in quiet rooms, or even before they open the doors for public.

NAMM is not the place for a person to do critical detailed testings. It takes all of us to gather some info and share...and then we put all that together and come up with some kind of conclusion.

Those who complain too much don't see any of this. They just read a post and type in the first thing comes to their mind. Maybe they should attend the next NAMM themselves and do better coverage? that is more helpful.

Last edited by Sam CA; 01/29/19 05:57 PM.