Originally Posted By: nursers
Originally Posted By: Docbop
Originally Posted By: EscapeRocks
[quote=Docbop][quote=nursers][quote=Mark Schmieder]The Radial rack should help out a lot of people, and is very different from any line mixers out there as that isn't quite what it is anyway.

Indeed though I'm uneducated enough to wonder how it's a lot better than the PreSonus gear. With them announcing the USB-C option now I can't see where the extra cost is in the KL-8 although the components may be better?

The Radial is a rack mount line mixer and the PreSonus is a audio interface for a computer kind of an apples and oranges comparison. The Radial is basically a high end mixer and that's it. The PreSonus is a mainly an Analog to Digital convertor to send to your audio to your computer in digital format.

The Radial KL-8 is also an Audio Interface which is great for people like me who use hardware and software on stage. [/quote]

I stand corrected, I thought the USB was just for laptop failover it is an interface as well. So a Swiss Army Knife audio tool cool. [/quote]

Indeed - so I probably need to do some manual diving on components because based on pure functionality (I won't need all the input or outputs both offer), it seems the PreSonus is heaps cheaper and still delivers what I want. We shall see :the: [/quote]

I have Radial key Largo(it shares the same technology with KL8) and after many tests side by side with my apogee duet, as a recordings device is very good. It records almost 85% near apogee's quality, which is a great sound card...
I use key largo, more as a sound card than for live use and it's great. I have patched all my synths on it and i have Duet for recording vocals, guitars etc.
And as a keyboard mixer it's excellent. I can practice some ideas, and listen from my Roland cm30 monitors. If i like something, i open Logic and start recording. I have set as an output device for logic, the duet, so i listen through my Genelec monitors.
Before Key largo i had patched all my synths to Roland Cm30 monitors. I had buzz from my speakers. With key largo everything is quiet. Before key Largo if i wanted to record a synth, i ought to unpatched from Roland cm30 and patch to my Duet. Now i play and record with one device!
Go for it!!!

Last edited by UnderGroundH; 01/29/19 03:15 AM.

Kurzweil K2661+full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W + K1,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP.