Originally Posted By: Al Coda
Originally Posted By: AnotherScott
Originally Posted By: Mighty Motif Max
Man are those ugly IMO.

I'm for anything that gets rid of the stupid black controls on a black background that so many boards have used. Not stage-light friendly.

Dunno which stages you mean.
At least for concert touring, light designers prefered black or white gear on stage always,- and for my own purpose as a performer, I always had dimmable small goosneck lamps everywhere mounted/ velcroed on the keyboards.

A.C.

I carried small lights with me over the years and had a dedicated carrying case for them with extra bulbs in a hard case so they wouldn't get crushed.

Completely dark night clubs got old when I couldn't even see my instrument unless there was a strobe light flashing somewhere. I played one song after the other to keep the music coming and the crowd under control. Lighting made gigs doable in dark clubs. Small stage lights are a small investment compared to what the rest of our gear costs.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.