Originally Posted By: ElmerJFudd
Originally Posted By: Mighty Motif Max
Originally Posted By: SeaGtGruff

You might be interested in checking out the CDP-S350, although itís 88 keys, not 73. You can download the manuals for it from Casioís web site, although I donít think itís been officially unveiled yetó any day now, though!

https://www.casio-music.com/euro/digitalpianos/compact/cdp-s350/%22/

Looks like no MIDI DIN ports, if that matters to you; and polyphony is a bit low for a digital pianoó 64 notes, 32 for certain tones. But it has a goodly number of tones, and responds to MIDI messages for Attack/Release, Cutoff/Resonance, Portamento, etc., so Iím definitely interested in giving it a hard look. smile

CDP-S350 video from Jeremy See showed up in my news feed. Not terrible.

Not sounding great in this video, Iím guessing Camera mic capturing the slim modelís onboard speakers. But very light at 24lbs (without batteries). I assume itís the same Casio action on PX-160 or no?

USB only no 5pin midi.

Two pedal jacks, not sure how useful:
DAMPER/ASSIGNABLE jack:
Standard jack (Sustain, Sostenuto, Soft, Rhythmus)
PEDAL-UNIT jack:
Proprietary jack (Sustain, Sostenuto, Soft)

But they did include a pitch bend wheel!

Could be nice small and light weight controller.

Originally Posted By: Theo Verelst
Well that CDP-S350 sounds, uhm, limited, or cheap, both actually!

TV

Pretty sure that is a direct signal; notice no room noise, key thumping, breathing, or chair squeaking. His other videos seem to be direct to computer as well.

Not the greatest for sure, but it could be worse. Reminds me of some of their older stage pianos that I tried years ago. Not natural really.

Last edited by Mighty Motif Max; 01/20/19 07:07 PM.

Yamaha: Motif XF8/YS200/CVP-305/CLP-130/YPG-235/PSR-295/PSS-470
Korg: Krome 61
Roland: JV-1000
Casio: CT-370
Kimball Valencia/Broadway/Conn 465 w/144 spkrs/WCOC Reed Organ/Titano Virtuoso Converter