I have two amps that I am considering replacing the speakers on a Ampeg VT-22 which had the speakers replaced several times because they keep blowing up. It's a 100 watt combo with 2 12" speakers. The ones in it now are the wrong impedance it has a switch for 2,4 or 8 ohms on the back but the speakers are 16 ohm wired to give a 32 ohm load. I could wire them to give 8 ohm I believe but they are just whatever the repair shop put in. These were replaced under warranty a long time ago and have not blown up so far.

I don't really push the amp any more and it has been rebuilt by a really good amp repair person. Any ideas on what sort of speakers might be a good fit?

The other one is a Fender Vibrolux Reverb it is about 30 watts and is a 2 x 10 combo with the original speakers as far as I know as I bought this one used. One of the speakers is a very slight abrasion on the cone. Would Celestions be a good fit or should I go with jensons? I think Fender used jensons on these amps.

I have been digging around online but I am not sure what I should be looking for as far as specks go.