I have a question that I've been thinking about... It centers around a Sterling by Musicman AX-40 I just picked up used. So far it seems to be a decent guitar, definitely worth the money I paid. I'm not sure I will even replace the pickups but my first thought was to replace the stock pickups with EVH pickups... Why, cause I admit I'm a bit of an EVH fan boy... I won't apologize.

My question is if the EVH pickups are built to specs for the Wolfgang guitar. which I assume they are? or just built to certain specs? Same thing with the stock in the AX-40... built to AX40 specs or just built? Anyway, both the EVH Wolfgang Special and the AX-40 have Basswood bodies with Maple Veneer tops... so how likely are the EVH pickups in the Wolfgang to sound similar in the AX40? I know results vary from guitar to guitar when you are talking pickups, what other factors would factor into the sound of the pickups?
Music has no boundaries. It is yours to discover, to enjoy, to draw from and to pass on to others.