Not sure I'm in the right forum but couldn't work out where this should be!
I have written & recorded about 20 songs and want to copyright them before distribution. I live in the UK and have searched the Net for but have come across contradictory advice. One says I should register with UKCS and another says that does not wholly cover me in the event of a dispute and I should register my material with a legal firm. A professional performer says I should register with a publisher.
Who is correct?

Any advice?

Get your hooves orf my leads!